The Spillover Effects of Public Capital Formation on the Manufacturing Industry in the Turkish Geographical Regions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Amy Schwartz, 1995.
"Spatial productivity spillovers from public infrastructure: Evidence from state highways,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(3), pages 459-468, October.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Amy Ellen Schwartz, 1995. "Spatial Productivity Spillovers from Public Infrastructure: Evidence from State Highways," NBER Working Papers 5004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas, 1994. "Public-Sector Capital and the Productivity Puzzle," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(1), pages 12-21, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marinos, Theocharis & Belegri-Roboli, Athena & Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Konstantakis, Konstantinos Ν., 2022. "The spatial spillover effect of transport infrastructures in the Greek economy (2000–2013): A panel data analysis," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dorothée Allain-Dupré & Claudia Hulbert & Margaux Vincent, 2017. "Subnational Infrastructure Investment in OECD Countries: Trends and Key Governance Levers," OECD Regional Development Working Papers 2017/05, OECD Publishing.
- Raffaello Bronzini & Paolo Piselli, 2006. "Determinants of long-run regional productivity: the role of R&D, human capital and public infrastructure," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 597, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hikaru Ogawa, 2010. "Fiscal Competition among Regional Governments - Tax Competition, Expenditure Competition and Externalities -," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 6(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Jaime Alonso-Carrera & Maria Jesus Freire-Seren & Baltasar Manzano, 2008. "Macroeconomic Effects From The Regional Allocation Of Public Capital Formation," CAMA Working Papers 2008-09, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ginés de Rus, 2014. "The economic evaluation of infrastructure investment. Some inescapable tradeoffs," Working Papers 2014-16, FEDEA.
- Sylvain Leduc & Daniel J. Wilson, 2012. "Should transportation spending be included in a stimulus program? a review of the literature," Working Paper Series 2012-15, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Elburz, Zeynep & Nijkamp, Peter & Pels, Eric, 2017. "Public infrastructure and regional growth: Lessons from meta-analysis," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1-8.
- Yu, Nannan & de Jong, Martin & Storm, Servaas & Mi, Jianing, 2013. "Spatial spillover effects of transport infrastructure: evidence from Chinese regions," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 56-66.
- Alvarez, Antonio & Arias, Carlos & Orea, Luis, 2004. "The Measurement of Spatial Productivity Spillovers from Public Capital," Efficiency Series Papers 2004/08, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Angel De la Fuente, 2010.
"Infrastructures and productivity: an updated survey,"
1018, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Angel de la Fuente, 2010. "Infrastructures and productivity: an updated survey," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 831.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel de la Fuente, 2010. "Infrastructures and Productivity: an Updated Survey," Working Papers 475, Barcelona School of Economics.
- Miguel Gómez-Antonio & Bernard Fingleton, 2012.
"Regional productivity variation and the impact of public capital stock: an analysis with spatial interaction, with reference to Spain,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(28), pages 3665-3677, October.
- GÃ³mez-Antonio, Miguel & Fingleton, Bernard, 2011. "Regional productivity variation and the impact of public capital stock: an analysis with spatial interaction, with reference to Spain," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-05, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Bernard Fingleton & Miguel GÃ³mez-Antonio, 2011. "Regional productivity variation and the impact of public capital stock: an analysis with spatial interaction, with reference to Spain," Working Papers 1102, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Miguel Gomez-Antonio & Bernard Fingleton, 2011. "Regional productivity variation and the impact of public capital stock: an analysis with spatial interaction, with reference to Spain," Post-Print hal-00712377, HAL.
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Benno Torgler & Simon Zemp, 2009. "Central City Exploitation by Urban Sprawl? Evidence from Swiss Local Communities," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-07, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Pedro R.D. Bom & Jenny E. Ligthart, 2009. "How Productive is Public Capital? A Meta-Regression Analysis," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0912, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Alfredo Pereira & Jorge Andraz, 2012. "On the regional incidence of highway investments in the USA," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(3), pages 819-838, June.
- Valter Di Giacinto & Giacinto Micucci & Pasqualino Montanaro, 2012.
"Network effects of public transport infrastructure: Evidence on Italian regions,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(3), pages 515-541, August.
- Valter Di Giacinto & Giacinto Micucci & Pasqualino Montanaro, 2012. "Network effects of public transport infrastructure: evidence on Italian regions," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 869, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Pedro R.D. Bom & Jenny E. Ligthart, 2014. "What Have We Learned From Three Decades Of Research On The Productivity Of Public Capital?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 889-916, December.
- Xavier Fageda & Marta Gonzalez-Aregall, 2014. "“The Spatial effects of transportation on industrial employment ”," IREA Working Papers 201429, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Nov 2014.
- Andrew F. Haughwout, 2001. "Infrastructure and social welfare in metropolitan America," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 1-16.
- Barabas, György & Kitlinski, Tobias & Schmidt, Christoph M. & Schmidt, Torsten & Siemers, Lars-H. & Brilon, Werner, 2010. "Verkehrsinfrastrukturinvestitionen: Wachstumsaspekte im Rahmen einer gestaltenden Finanzpolitik. Endbericht - Januar 2010. Forschungsprojekt im Auftrag des Bundesministeriums der Finanzen. Projektnumm," RWI Projektberichte, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, number 72601.
- Miguel A Márquez & Julian Ramajo & Geoffrey Hewings, 2017. "Regional Public Stock Reductions in Spain: Estimations from a Multiregional Spatial Vector Autorregressive Model," REGION, European Regional Science Association, vol. 4, pages 129-146.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional development; public capital; spillover effects; vector autoregression; Turkish manufacturing industry.;
All these keywords.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2007-02-24 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EFF-2007-02-24 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GEO-2007-02-24 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2007-02-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ege:wpaper:0702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deegetr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Baris Gök (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deegetr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.