The Informal Economy in Monsoon Asia and Melanesia: West New Guinea and the Malay World
Download full text from publisher
More about this item
KeywordsMelanesia; Indonesia; West New Guinea; Dutch East Indies; Papua New Guinea; spice trade; pre-modern trade; slavery; informal economy; Van Leur; Meilink-Roelofsz; Alfred Russel Wallace;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian; Stockholm School
- F54 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Colonialism; Imperialism; Postcolonialism
- F63 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Economic Development
- N75 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Asia including Middle East
- N95 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Asia including Middle East
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-03-30 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IUE-2013-03-30 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2013-03-30 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:crwfrp:1304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Stern). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .