Welfare Measurement and Representative Consumer Theory
This paper generalizes results from Anderson, De Palma, and Thisse  linking individual random utility and aggregate representative individual demand models, to consider a comparable relation for the willingness to pay functions for quality attribut es of marketed goods. It also suggests how the logic can be used to describe links between choice occasion and aggregate models (across occasions) for an individual.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Publication status:||Published in ECONOMICS LETTERS, Vol. 57, 1997, pages 63-67|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics Duke University 213 Social Sciences Building Box 90097 Durham, NC 27708-0097|
Phone: (919) 660-1800
Fax: (919) 684-8974
Web page: http://econ.duke.edu/
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Parsons George R. & Kealy Mary Jo, 1995. "A Demand Theory for Number of Trips in a Random Utility Model of Recreation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 357-367, November.
- Anderson, Simon P. & De Palma, Andre & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1987.
"The CES is a discrete choice model?,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 139-140.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & de PALMA, André & THISSE, Jacques-François, "undated". "The CES is a discrete choice model?," CORE Discussion Papers RP 764, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Desvouges, William H. & Naughton, Michael C. & Parsons, George R., 1992. "Benefits transfer: conceptual problems in estimating water quality benefits using existing studies," MPRA Paper 36405, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Morey Edward R., 1994. "What Is Consumer's Surplus Per Day of Use, When Is It a Constant Independent of the Number of Days of Use, and What Does It Tell Us about Consumers Surplus?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 257-270, May.
- Zvi Griliches, 1964. "Notes on the Measurement of Price and Quality Changes," NBER Chapters,in: Models of Income Determination, pages 381-418 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Verboven, Frank, 1996. "The nested logit model and representative consumer theory," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 57-63, January.
- Daniel McFadden, 1996. "Computing Willingness-to-Pay in Random Utility Models," Working Papers _011, University of California at Berkeley, Econometrics Laboratory Software Archive. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:duk:dukeec:97-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Department of Economics Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.