Social customs and demographic change: The case of godparenthood in Catholic Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guido Alfani & Vincent Gourdon, 2010. "Entrepreneurs, formalisation of social ties and trustbuilding in Europe (14th-20th centuries)," Working Papers 025, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
More about this item
KeywordsGodparenthood; godparents; spiritual kinship; demographic change; social change; social customs; social norms; baptism; lowest-low fertility;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-03-26 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2011-03-26 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-EVO-2011-03-26 (Evolutionary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:don:donwpa:040. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Johnson). General contact details of provider: http://www.dondena.unibocconi.it/ .