"Robin Hook": The Developmental Effects of Somali Piracy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anja Shortland, 2011. ""Robin Hook": The Developmental Effects of Somali Piracy," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1155, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Anja Shortland, 2011. ""Robin Hook": The Developmental Effects of Somali Piracy," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 11-07, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Krueger, Alan B., 2008.
"What makes a homegrown terrorist? Human capital and participation in domestic Islamic terrorist groups in the U.S.A,"
Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 293-296, December.
- Alan B. Krueger, 2008. "What Makes a Homegrown Terrorist? Human Capital and Participation in Domestic Islamic Terrorist Groups in the U.S.A," Working Papers 1094, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2005.
"Shadow economies around the world: what do we really know?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 598-642, September.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2004. "Shadow Economies around the World: What do we really know?," IAW Discussion Papers 16, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Friedrich Schneider & Ursula Windischbauer, 2008. "Money laundering: some facts," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 387-404, December.
- Brigitte Unger, 2007. "The Scale and Impacts of Money Laundering," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12690.
- Mohammed El Qorchi & Samuel Munzele Maimbo & John F. Wilson, 2003. "Informal Funds Transfer Systems; An Analysis of the Informal Hawala System," IMF Occasional Papers 222, International Monetary Fund.
- Bagella Michele & Busato Francesco & Argentiero Amedeo, 2009. "Money Laundering in a Microfounded Dynamic Model: Simulations for the U.S. and the EU-15 Economies," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 879-902, December.
- Walker John & Unger Brigitte, 2009. "Measuring Global Money Laundering: "The Walker Gravity Model"," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 821-853, December.
- Előd Takáts, 2011.
"A Theory of "Crying Wolf" : The Economics of Money Laundering Enforcement,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 32-78.
- Elöd Takáts, 2007. "A Theory of “Crying Wolf”; The Economics of Money Laundering Enforcement," IMF Working Papers 07/81, International Monetary Fund.
- Zdanowicz John S., 2009. "Trade-Based Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 855-878, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tim Besley & Thiemo Fetzer & Hannes Mueller, 2012.
"One Kind of Lawlessness: Estimating the Welfare Cost of Somali Piracy,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
898.12, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Timothy Besley & Thiemo Fetzer & Hannes Mueller, 2012. "One Kind of Lawlessness: Estimating the Welfare Cost of Somali Piracy," Working Papers 626, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Anja Shortland, 2010.
"The Business of Piracy in Somalia,"
DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 6(23), pages 182-186.
- Sarah Percy & Anja Shortland, 2010. "The Business of Piracy in Somalia," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1033, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Anja Shortland & Sarah Percy, 2011. "The Business of Piracy in Somalia," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 11-08, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Jean-Francois Maystadt & Olivier Ecker & Athur Mabiso, 2013.
"Extreme Weather and Civil War in Somalia: Does Drought Fuel Conflict through Livestock Price Shocks?,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
32613, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Maystadt, Jean-Francois & Ecker, Olivier & Mabiso, Athur, 2013. "Extreme weather and civil war in Somalia: Does drought fuel conflict through livestock price shocks?," IFPRI discussion papers 1243, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Timothy Besley & Thiemo Fetzer & Hannes Mueller, 2015.
"The Welfare Cost Of Lawlessness: Evidence From Somali Piracy,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 203-239, April.
- Besley, Timothy & Fetzer, Thiemo & Mueller, Hannes, 2015. "The welfare cost of lawlessness: evidence from Somali piracy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66041, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Anja Shortland & Sarah Percy, 2012. "Counter-Piracy in Somalia: Help or Hindrance?," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 12-03, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
More about this item
KeywordsSomalia; piracy; cash transfers; economic development; remote sensing; satellite imaging;
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diweos:diweos54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .