Social Mobility and Colonial Legacy in Five African Countries
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Bossuroy, 2011. "Ethnicity and Election Outcomes in Ghana," Working Papers DT/2011/05, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Denis Cogneau & Léa Rouanet, 2009.
"Living Conditions in Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana and Western Africa 1925-1985: What Do Survey Data on Height Stature Tell Us?,"
DT/2009/12, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Denis Cogneau & Léa Rouanet, 2011. "Living conditions in Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana 1925-1985: What Do Survey Data on Height Stature Tell Us," Post-Print halshs-00754697, HAL.
- Thomas Bossuroy, 2011. "Individual Determinants of Ethnic Identification," Working Papers DT/2011/06, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Gaston Yalonetzky, 2010. "A Dissimilarity Index of Multidimensional Inequality of Opportunity (Revised and Updated)," OPHI Working Papers 39, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Denis COGNEAU, 2012.
"The Political Dimension Of Inequality During Economic Development,"
Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 35, pages 11-36.
- Denis Cogneau, 2009. "The political dimension of inequality during economic development," Working Papers DT/2009/10, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Cogneau, Denis, 2010. "The political dimension of inequality during economic development," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1013, CEPREMAP.
- Denis Cogneau, 2012. "The political dimension of inequality during economic development," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00754603, HAL.
- Denis Cogneau, 2012. "The political dimension of inequality during economic development," Post-Print halshs-00754603, HAL.
- Denis Cogneau, 2012. "The political dimension of inequality during economic development," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00754603, HAL.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2013. "Esclavagisme et colonisation : Quelles conséquences contemporaines en Afrique ? - Résumé critique des travaux de l'économiste Nathan Nunn [Slavery and colonization: What contemporary consequences i," MPRA Paper 43732, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frank-Borge Wietzke, 2014. "Historical Origins of Uneven Service Supply in Sub-Saharan Africa. The Role of Non-State Providers," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(12), pages 1614-1630, December.
- Thomas Bossuroy, 2011. "Ethnic Solidarity and the Individual Determinants of Ethnic Identification," SALDRU Working Papers 69, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Mobility; Education; Intergenerational Transmission; Colonization; Dualism; Africa; Mobilité sociale; éducation; transmission intergénérationnelle; colonisation; dualisme; Afrique.;
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- N37 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Africa; Oceania
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dia:wpaper:dt200810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Loic Le Pezennec). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diallfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.