A Note on Entrepreneurial Risk, Capital Market Imperfections, and Heterogeneity
Empirical evidence shows that entrepreneurs hold a large fraction of wealth, have higher saving rates than workers, and face substantial uninsurable entrepreneurial and investment risks. This paper constructs a heterogeneous-agent general equilibrium model with uninsurable entrepreneurial risk and capital market imperfections to explore the implications of uninsurable entrepreneurial risk for wealth distribution and aggregate activity in an incomplete market economy. It is shown that entrepreurial risk can substantially affect both the wealth distribution and the macroeconomy.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 269-284, April.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://cema.cufe.edu.cn/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eric R. Young, 2004.
"The Wealth Distribution and the Demand for Status,"
- Laurent-Emmanuel Calvet & George-Marios Angeletos, 2003.
"Idiosyncratic Production Risk, Growth and the Business Cycle,"
- Angeletos, George-Marios & Calvet, Laurent-Emmanuel, 2006. "Idiosyncratic production risk, growth and the business cycle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 1095-1115, September.
- Laurent-Emmanuel Calvet & George-Marios Angeletos, 2006. "Idiosyncratic Production Risk, Growth and the Business Cycle," Post-Print halshs-00119533, HAL.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Laurent Calvet, 2003. "Idiosyncratic Production Risk, Growth, and the Business Cycle," NBER Working Papers 9764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurent Calvet & George-Marios Angeletos, 2012. "Idiosyncratic Production Risk, Growth and the Business Cycle," Working Papers hal-00674230, HAL.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Laurent E. Calvet, 2002. "Idiosyncratic Production Risk, Growth and the Business Cycle," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1952, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Kjetil Storesletten & Chris Telmer & Amir Yaron, 2007.
"Asset Pricing with Idiosyncratic Risk and Overlapping Generations,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 10(4), pages 519-548, October.
- Storesletten, Kjetil & Telmer, Chris & Yaron, Amir, 2001. "Asset Pricing with Idiosyncratic Risk and Overlapping Generations," CEPR Discussion Papers 3065, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kjetil Storesletten & Chris Telmer & Amir Yaron, 1996. "Asset pricing with idiosyncratic risk and overlapping generations," Economics Working Papers 405, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 1999.
- Kjetil Storesletten & Chris Telmer & Amir Yaron, . "Asset pricing with idiosyncratic risk and overlapping generations," GSIA Working Papers 226, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Storesletten, Kjetil & Telmer, Chris & Yaron, Amir, 2002. "Asset pricing with idiosyncratic risk and overlapping generations," Seminar Papers 703, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Joao Gomes & Jeremy Greenwood & Sergio T. Rebelo, 2001.
RCER Working Papers
479, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- William M. Gentry & R. Glenn Hubbard, 2000. "Entrepreneurship and Household Saving," NBER Working Papers 7894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Cagetti & Mariacristina De Nardi, 2003.
"Entrepreneurship, frictions and wealth,"
620, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1994.
"Uninsured Idiosyncratic Risk and Aggregate Saving,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 659-684.
- Santiago Budria Rodriguez & Javier Diaz-Gimenez & Vincenzo Quadrini & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 2002. "Updated facts on the U.S. distributions of earnings, income, and wealth," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 2-35.
- Huggett, Mark, 1996. "Wealth distribution in life-cycle economies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 469-494, December.
- Eric R Young, 2005.
Computing in Economics and Finance 2005
141, Society for Computational Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cuf:wpaper:409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Qiang Gao)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.