Teacher Shocks and Student Learning: Evidence from Zambia
We examine the e
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44-(0)1865 271084
Fax: +44-(0)1865 281447
Web page: http://www.csae.ox.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Randy A. Ehrenberg & Daniel I. Rees & Eric L. Ehrenberg, 1991.
"School District Leave Policies, Teacher Absenteeism, and Student Achievement,"
NBER Working Papers
2874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Randy A. Ehrenberg & Daniel I. Rees & REric L. Ehrenberg, 1991. "School District Leave Policies, Teacher Absenteeism, and Student Achievement," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(1), pages 72-105.
- Das, Jishnu & Dercon, Stefan & Habyarimana, James & Krishnan, Pramila, 2004.
"When can school inputs improve test scores?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3217, The World Bank.
- Das, J. & Dercon, S. & Habyarimana, J. & Krishnan, P., 2004. "‘When Can School Inputs Improve Test Scores?’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0437, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jishnu Das & Stefan Dercon & James Habyarimana & Pramila Krishnan, 2004. "When Can School Inputs Improve Test Scores?," CSAE Working Paper Series 2004-25, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Stefan Dercon, 2004. "When Can School Inputs Improve Test Scores?," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2004-25, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Steven G. Rivkin & Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain, 2005.
"Teachers, Schools, and Academic Achievement,"
Econometric Society, vol. 73(2), pages 417-458, 03.
- de Janvry, Alain & Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2004.
"Can Conditional Cash Transfers Serve as Safety Nets to Keep Children at School and Out of the Labor Market?,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt5fp0g5p2, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- de Janvry, Alain & Finan, Frederico & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Vakis, Renos, 2004. "Can conditional cash transfers serve as safety nets to keep children at school and out of the labor market?," CUDARE Working Paper Series 0999, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1969. "Capital Risk, Consumption, and Portfolio Choice," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(4), pages 586-99, October.
- Deaton, Angus, 1992. "Understanding Consumption," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288244, March.
- Paul Bennell, 2005. "The Impact of the AIDS Epidemic on Teachers in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 440-466.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages F3-F33, February.
- Chaudhury, Nazmul & Hammer, Jeffrey S., 2003. "Ghost doctors - absenteeism in Bangladeshi health facilities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3065, The World Bank.
- Stephen L. Jacobson, 1989. "The Effects of Pay Incentives on Teacher Absenteeism," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(2), pages 280-286.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-77, September.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Victor Lavy, 1998.
"Does Teacher Training Affect Pupil Learning? Evidence from Matched Comparisons in Jerusalem Public Schools,"
NBER Working Papers
6781, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angrist, Joshua D & Lavy, Victor, 2001. "Does Teacher Training Affect Pupil Learning? Evidence from Matched Comparisons in Jerusalem Public Schools," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 343-69, April.
- Foster, Andrew D, 1995. "Prices, Credit Markets and Child Growth in Low-Income Rural Areas," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 551-70, May.
- Clive Bell & Shantayanan Devarajan & Hans Gersbach, 2003. "The long-run economic costs of AIDS : theory and an application to South Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3152, The World Bank.
- Jacoby, Hanan G & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 1997. "Risk, Financial Markets, and Human Capital in a Developing Country," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 311-35, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csa:wpaper:2004-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Payne)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.