Human Capital Investment by the Poor: Informing Policy with Laboratory and Field Experiments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bossert W., 1996.
"Redistribution mechanisms based on individual characteristics,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 51-51, February.
- Bossert, Walter, 1995. "Redistribution mechanisms based on individual characteristics," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Bossert, W., 1993. "Redistribution Mechanisms Based on Individual Characteristics," Working Papers 9307, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics.
- Norman Henderson & Ian Bateman, 1995. "Empirical and public choice evidence for hyperbolic social discount rates and the implications for intergenerational discounting," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(4), pages 413-423, June.
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "On Taxation and the Control of Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 307-322, June.
- Leroux, Jistin, 2004. "Strategy-Proofness and Efficiency Are Incompatible in Production Economies," Working Papers 2004-07, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas Stern, 2008. "The Economics of Climate Change," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 1-37, May.
- Leroux, Justin, 2004. "Strategy-proofness and efficiency are incompatible in production economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 335-340, December.
- Marc Fleurbaey & Walter Bossert, 1996. "Redistribution and compensation (*)," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 13(3), pages 343-355.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jordan, Jeffrey L. & Castillio, Marco & Ferraro, Paul J. & Petrie, Regan, 2008. "Estimating Child Time Preferences: Aiding Rural Schools in Improving Human Capital Formation," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6368, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Carlsson, Fredrik & He, Haoran & Martinsson, Peter & Qin, Ping & Sutter, Matthias, 2012.
"Household decision making in rural China: Using experiments to estimate the influences of spouses,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 525-536.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & He, Haoran & Martinsson, Peter & Qin, Ping & Sutter, Matthias, 2010. "Household Decision Making in Rural China: Using Experiments to Estimate the Influences of Spouses," Working Papers in Economics 465, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Fredrik Carlsson & Haoran He & Peter Martinsson & Ping Qin & Matthias Sutter, 2010. "Household Decision Making in Rural China: Using Experiments to Estimate the Influences of Spouses," Working Papers 2010-20, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & He, Haoran & Martinsson, Peter & Qin, Ping & Sutter, Matthias, 2010. "Household Decision Making in Rural China: Using Experiments to Estimate the Influences of Spouses," IZA Discussion Papers 5127, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jordan, Jeffrey L. & Anil, Bulent & Herbert, Velma & Chatterjee, Swan, 2009. "Human Capital Investments in Education and Home Stability: Exploring Education, Homeownership and Poverty," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49320, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsIntertemporal choice; field experiments; risk attitudes; working poor; choix intertemporels; expériences sur le terrain; les attitudes vis-à-vis le risque; travailleurs pauvres;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-08-28 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2010-08-28 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2010-08-28 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2010-08-28 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-NEU-2010-08-28 (Neuroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:2010s-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciranca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.