Sensitivity of Inequality Measures to Extreme Values
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cowell, Frank & Flachaire, Emmanuel, 2002. "Sensitivity of inequality measures to extreme values," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2213, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davidson, Russell & Flachaire, Emmanuel, 2007.
"Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 141-166, November.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2004. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques v04100, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2007. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00175929, HAL.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2006. "Asymptotic And Bootstrap Inference For Inequality And Poverty Measures," Departmental Working Papers 2005-06, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Russell Davidson & Emmanuel Flachaire, 2007. "Asymptotic and bootstrap inference for inequality and poverty measures," Post-Print halshs-00175929, HAL.
- Michael McAleer & Hang K. Ryu & Daniel J. Slottje, 2019.
"A New Inequality Measure that is Sensitive to Extreme Values and Asymmetries,"
Advances in Decision Sciences, Asia University, Taiwan, vol. 23(1), pages 31-61, March.
- Michael McAler & Hang K. Ryu & Daniel J. Slottje, 2017. "A New Inequality Measure that is Sensitive to Extreme Values and Asymmetries," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-102/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- McAleer, M.J. & Ryu, H.K. & Slottje, D.J., 2017. "A New Inequality Measure that is Sensitive to Extreme Values and Asymmetries," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2017-28, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Hang K. Ryu & Daniel J. Slottje & Michael McAleer, 2017. "A New Inequality Measure that is Sensitive to Extreme Values and Asymmetries," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2017-25, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2021.
"Parametric representation of the top of income distributions: Options, historical evidence, and model selection,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 1217-1256, September.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2020. "Parametric Representation of the Top of Income Distributions: Options, Historical Evidence and Model Selection," Working Papers 547, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2020. "Parametric Representation of the Top of Income Distributions: Options, Historical Evidence and Model Selection," Commitment to Equity (CEQ) Working Paper Series 90, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Frank Bickenbach & Eckhardt Bode, 2008. "Disproportionality Measures of Concentration, Specialization, and Localization," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 31(4), pages 359-388, October.
- Timothy Patrick Moran, 2006. "Statistical Inference for Measures of Inequality With a Cross-National Bootstrap Application," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 34(3), pages 296-333, February.
- Peter Lindner, 2015. "Factor decomposition of the wealth distribution in the euro area," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 291-322, May.
- Tae-Hwan Kim & Christophe Muller, 2004.
"Two-stage quantile regression when the first stage is based on quantile regression,"
Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 218-231, June.
- Christophe Muller & Tae-Hwan Kim, 2004. "Two-Stage Quantile Regression When The First Stage Is Based On Quantile Regression," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Frank A Cowell & Carlo V. Fiorio, 2006. "Rethinking Inequality Decomposition:Comment," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 82, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Stefan Traub & Christian Seidl & Ulrich Schmidt & Maria Levati, 2005.
"Friedman, Harsanyi, Rawls, Boulding – or somebody else? An experimental investigation of distributive justice,"
Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 24(2), pages 283-309, April.
- Stefan Traub & Christian Seidl & Ulrich Schmidt & M. Vittoria Levati, "undated". "Friedman, Harsanyi, Rawls, Boulding - Or Somebody Else? An Experimental Investigation of Distributive Justice," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2003-19, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Traub, Stefan & Seidl, Christian & Schmidt, Ulrich & Levati, Maria Vittoria, 2003. "Friedman, Harsanyi, Rawls, Boulding - or Somebody Else?," Economics Working Papers 2003-03, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality measures; statistical performance; robustness.;
All these keywords.
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:stidar:60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.