Migrants, Landlords and their Uneven Experiences of the Beijing Olympic Games
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John R. Short, 2008. "Globalization, cities and the Summer Olympics," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 321-340, December.
- Lisa Kim Davis, 2011. "International Events and Mass Evictions: A Longer View," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 582-599, May.
- Youqin Huang & Leiwen Jiang, 2009. "Housing Inequality in Transitional Beijing," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(4), pages 936-956, December.
- Li Tian, 2008. "The "Chengzhongcun" Land Market in China: Boon or Bane? - A Perspective on Property Rights," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 282-304, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBeijing; Olympic Games; housing; marginality; patriotism; exclusion;
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIG-2012-08-23 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2012-08-23 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:sticas:case163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://sticerd.lse.ac.uk/case/_new/publications/default.asp .