Buyer Collusion and Efficiency of Government Intervention in Wheat Markets in Northern India: An Asymmetric Structural Auctions Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- A. Banerji & J.V. Meenakshi, 2004. "Buyer Collusion and Efficiency of Government Intervention in Wheat Markets in Northern India: An Asymmetric Structural Auctions Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 236-253.
References listed on IDEAS
- George Psacharopoulos, 1985. "Returns to Education: A Further International Update and Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(4), pages 583-604.
- Dreze, Jean & Murthi, Mamta, 2000.
"Fertility, education and development: further evidence from India,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6663, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean Dreze & Mamta Murthi, 2000. "Fertility, Education and Development: Further Evidence from India," Working papers 76, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Jean Drèze & Mamta Murthi, 2000. "Fertility, Education and Development: Further Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 20, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Imhof, David, 2017. "Econometric tests to detect bid-rigging cartels: does it work?," FSES Working Papers 483, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Meenakshi, J.V. & Banerji, A., 2005. "The unsupportable support price: an analysis of collusion and government intervention in paddy auction markets in North India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 377-403, April.
- Bart Minten & Anneleen Vandeplas & Johan Swinnen, 2011.
"Regulations, Brokers, and Interlinkages: The Institutional Organization of Wholesale Markets in India,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(7), pages 864-886, May.
- Bart Minten & Anneleen Vandeplas & Johan F.M.Swinnen, 2011. "Regulations, brokers, and interlinkages: The institutional organization of wholesale markets in India," LICOS Discussion Papers 28811, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Bernd-O. Heine & Matthias Meyer & Oliver Strangfeld, 2005. "Stylised Facts and the Contribution of Simulation to the Economic Analysis of Budgeting," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 8(4), pages 1-4.
- Dasgupta, Dipak & Dubey, R.N. & Sathish, R, 2011. "Domestic Wheat Price Formation and Food Inflation in India," MPRA Paper 31564, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ilya Morozov & Elena Podkolzina, 2013. "Collusion detection in procurement auctions," HSE Working papers WP BRP 25/EC/2013, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Ruth Vargas Hill & Bart Minten, 2008.
"Quality control in nonstaple food markets: evidence from India,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 251-266, May.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Vargas Hill, Ruth & Minten, Bart, 2007. "Quality control in non-staple food markets: Evidence from India," IFPRI discussion papers 717, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 2016. "Quality Control in Non-Staple Food Markets: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:10715, eSocialSciences.
- Bedri Kamil Onur Tas, 2017. "Collusion Detection in Public Procurement with Limited Information," Working Papers 1127, Economic Research Forum, revised 08 Oct 2017.
- Imhof, David, 2017. "Simple Statistical Screens to Detect Bid Rigging," FSES Working Papers 484, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:282-306 is not listed on IDEAS
- Minten, Bart & Reardon, Thomas & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009. "Linking urban consumers and rural farmers in India: A comparison of traditional and modern food supply chains," IFPRI discussion papers 883, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tatiana Komorova, 2009. "Nonparametric Identification inAsymmetricSecond-Price Auctions: A New Approach," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 545, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Komarova, Tatiana, 2013. "A new approach to identifying generalized competing risks models with application to second-price auctions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 50245, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Tostao, Emilio & Chung, Chanjin & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2006. "Integrating the Structural Auction Approach and Traditional Measures of Market Power," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21244, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Tania Begazo & Sara Nyman, 2016. "Competition and Poverty," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24251, The World Bank.
- Neha Gupta, 2015. "Government Intervention in Grain Markets in India: Rethinking the Procurement Policy," Working Papers id:7810, eSocialSciences.
- Dawe, David C. & Moya, Piedad F. & Casiwan, Cheryll B. & Cabling, Jesusa M., 2008. "Rice marketing systems in the Philippines and Thailand: Do large numbers of competitive traders ensure good performance?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 455-463, October.
- Reardon, Thomas & Minten, Bart, 2011. "The quiet revolution in India's food supply chains:," IFPRI discussion papers 1115, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- M. Shahe Emran & Dilip Mookherjee & Forhad Shilpi & M. Helal Uddin, "undated". "Do Consumers Benefit from Supply Chain Intermediaries? Evidence from a Policy Experiment in Edible Oils Market in Bangladesh," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-273, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Dipak Dasgupta & R N Dubey & R Satish, 2011. "Domestic Wheat Price Formation and Food Inflation in India: International Prices, Domestic Drivers (Stocks, Weather, Public Policy), and the Efficacy of Public Policy Interventions in Wheat Markets," Working Papers id:4291, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsWheat markets; Structural auctions; Buyer asymmetry; Collusion.;
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-04 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cde:cdewps:104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sanjeev Sharma). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdudein.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .