Sources of Increasing Returns and Regional Innovation in the UK
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Suma Athreye & David Keeble, 2002. "Sources of Increasing Returns and Regional Innovation in the UK," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 345-357.
- Suma Athreye & David Keeble, 2001. "Sources of Increasing Returns and Regional Innovation in the UK," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 30, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- P.N. O'Farrell & D.M. Hitchens & L.A.R. Moffat, 1993. "The Competitiveness of Business Services and Regional Development: Evidence from Scotland and the South East of England," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 30(10), pages 1629-1652, December.
- P A Wood & J Bryson & D Keeble, 1993. "Regional Patterns of Small Firm Development in the Business Services: Evidence from the United Kingdom," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 25(5), pages 677-700, May.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
- Vivarelli, Marco & Evangelista, Rinaldo & Pianta, Mario, 1996. "Innovation and employment in Italian manufacturing industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1013-1026, October.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1991. "Entry and Competition in Concentrated Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 977-1009, October.
- P A Wood & J Bryson & D Keeble, 1993. "Regional patterns of small firm development in the business services: evidence from the United Kingdom," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(5), pages 677-700, May.
- Suma Athreye & David Keeble, 2001. "Specialised Markets and the Behaviour of Firms: Evidence from the UK's Regional Economies," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 33, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Bryson, John R & Keeble, David & Wood, Peter, 1997. "The Creation and Growth of Small Business Service Firms in Post-industrial Britain," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 345-360, August.
- Suma Athreye, 1997. "On Markets in Knowledge," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 1(2), pages 231-253, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Watkins, Rob, 2001. "Small and medium size enterprises: innovation and growth in the UK and Poland," Economics Discussion Papers 2001-3, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Dimitratos, Pavlos & Liouka, Ioanna & Young, Stephen, 2009. "Regional location of multinational corporation subsidiaries and economic development contribution: Evidence from the UK," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 180-191, April.
More about this item
Keywordsregional economics; production analysis and firm location; technological change; publicly provided goods; business services;
- R0 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbr:cbrwps:wp158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Newman and Georgie Cohen). General contact details of provider: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk .