The Violent and the Weak: When Dictators Care About Social Contracts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kirstein, Roland & Voigt, Stefan, 2000. "The Violent and the Weak: When Dictators Care About Social Contracts," CSLE Discussion Paper Series 2000-02, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wockenfuß, Christof, 2009. "Demokratie durch Entwicklungskonkurrenz," Discussion Papers 2009-17, Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg, Chair of Economic Ethics.
- Jennifer Gandhi & Adam Przeworski, 2006. "Cooperation, Cooptation, And Rebellion Under Dictatorships," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Petros Sekeris, 2011.
"Endogenous elites: power structure and patron-client relationships,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 237-258, September.
- Petros G. Sekeris, 2010. "Endogenous Elites: Power Structure and Patron-Client Relationships," Working Papers 1008, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Wockenfuß Christof, 2010. "Demokratie durch Entwicklungskonkurrenz. Ein ordnungspolitischer Beitrag zur internationalen Entwicklungszusammenarbeit / Democracy Through Development Competition. An Ordo-Liberal Perspective on the ," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 61(1), pages 325-352, January.
More about this item
Keywordsself-enforcing contracts; rule of law; dictatorship; autocracy; Positive Constitutional Economics;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bep:dewple:2001-default/2001/1-1020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.bepress.com/gwp/default/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.