Italyï¿½s system for supporting internationalization
This study analyses Italyï¿½s system for supporting internationalization, i.e. the set of public institutions and policies for promoting Italian businesses and products abroad. These policies are designed to overcome the barriers to operation in foreign markets, which may be distant in terms of culture and regulation and hard to access owing to legal and bureaucratic obstacles. The goal is to enhance the competitiveness of the Italian economy and ultimately put it back onto a growth path. The analysis has two parts: the examination of the institutional framework and the quantification of the public human and financial resources that are employed, thus providing an initial assessment of the performance of the system as a whole. Despite recent regulatory changes, the system is still quite complicated, with problems of coordination and overlapping among the different actors. Consequently the promotional system, while mobilizing considerable human and financial resources, even by comparison with Italyï¿½s main European partners, is lagging behind in its ability to encourage foreign establishment and exports of Italian companies.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Nazionale, 91 - 00184 Roma|
Web page: http://www.bancaditalia.it
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kichun Kang, 2011. "Overseas Network Of Export Promotion Agency And Export Performance: The Korean Case," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 274-283, 04.
- Rubinstein, Yona & Helpman, Elhanan & Melitz, Marc, 2008.
"Estimating Trade Flows: Trading Partners and Trading Volumes,"
3228230, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc Melitz & Yona Rubinstein, 2008. "Estimating Trade Flows: Trading Partners and Trading Volumes," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(2), pages 441-487.
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc Melitz & Yona Rubinstein, 2007. "Estimating Trade Flows: Trading Partners and Trading Volumes," NBER Working Papers 12927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Volker Nitsch, 2007.
"State Visits and International Trade,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(12), pages 1797-1816, December.
- repec:idb:brikps:publication-detail,7101.html?id=21146 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Lee, Hyun-Hoon & Park, Donghyun, 2010. "Investment promotion agencies: do they work?," IDE Discussion Papers 272, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Volpe Martincus, Christian & Carballo, Jerónimo, 2010.
"Beyond the average effects: The distributional impacts of export promotion programs in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 201-214, July.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Jerónimo Carballo, 2010. "Beyond The Average Effects: The Distributional Impacts of Export Promotion Programs in Developing Countries," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 36718, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 2009.
"Do trade missions increase trade?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7609, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rubén Segura-Cayuela & Josep M. Vilarrubia, 2008. "The effect of foreign service on trade volumes and trade partners," Working Papers 0808, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Payton, Lucy, 2010. "Export promotion agencies: Do they work?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 257-265, March.
- Harold Creusen & Arjan Lejour, 2011.
"Uncertainty and the export decisions of Dutch firms,"
FIW Working Paper series
- Arjan Lejour & harold creusen, 2011. "Uncertainty and the export decisions of Dutch firms," CPB Discussion Paper 183, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Jan De Loecker, 2013. "Detecting Learning by Exporting," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 5(3), pages 1-21, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:opques:qef_196_13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.