Imbalance attractors for a strategic model of market microstructure
In this paper we extend the series of our studies on the properties of an interacting particle model for market microstructure. In our earlier work we defined a Markov process on the majority opinion of the agents, obtained the transition probabilities and analyzed the martingale properties of the ensuing wealth process. Here we relax the assumption on the choices of individual agents by allowing mixed strategies, offering opportunities for the agents to gain intermediate submartingale exposure for their individual wealth processes. We develop a novel two-dimensional spin system to model the critical regions of the wealth process as a reflection of the agents' behaviors. We exhibit strategic conflicts between individual market participants and the market as a whole, and identify a new source of uncertainty arising from `reinforced expectations'.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marco Scarsini & Jerome Renault & Sergio Scarlatti, 2005.
"A folk theorem for minority games,"
- Kaizoji, Taisei & Bornholdt, Stefan & Fujiwara, Yoshi, 2002.
"Dynamics of price and trading volume in a spin model of stock markets with heterogeneous agents,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 316(1), pages 441-452.
- Taisei Kaizoji & Stefan Bornholdt & Yoshi Fujiwara, 2002. "Dynamics of price and trading volume in a spin model of stock markets with heterogeneous agents," Papers cond-mat/0207253, arXiv.org.
- Masanao Aoki, 2000. "Cluster Size Distribution of Economics Agents of Many Types in Market," UCLA Economics Online Papers 102, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ted Theodosopoulos & Ming Yuen, 2005. "Properties of the wealth process in a market microstructure model," Papers math/0502105, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2005.
- Damien Challet, 2005.
"Inter-pattern speculation: beyond minority, majority and $-games,"
- Challet, Damien, 2008. "Inter-pattern speculation: Beyond minority, majority and $-games," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 85-100, January.
- Lux, T. & M. Marchesi, . "Scaling and Criticality in a Stochastic Multi-Agent Model of a Financial Market," Discussion Paper Serie B 438, University of Bonn, Germany, revised Jul 1998.
- Majka, Arkadiusz & Wiślicki, Wojciech, 2004. "Statistical thermodynamics for choice models on graphs," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 337(3), pages 645-663.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:math/0605421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.