Utility Maximization under Model Uncertainty in Discrete Time
We give a general formulation of the utility maximization problem under nondominated model uncertainty in discrete time and show that an optimal portfolio exists for any utility function that is bounded from above. In the unbounded case, integrability conditions are needed as nonexistence may arise even if the value function is finite.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno Bouchard & Marcel Nutz, 2013. "Arbitrage and duality in nondominated discrete-time models," Papers 1305.6008, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2015.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1989.
"Maxmin Expected Utility with Non-Unique Prior,"
- Beatrice Acciaio & Mathias Beiglb\"ock & Friedrich Penkner & Walter Schachermayer, 2013. "A model-free version of the fundamental theorem of asset pricing and the super-replication theorem," Papers 1301.5568, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2013.
- Alexander Cox & Jan Obłój, 2011. "Robust pricing and hedging of double no-touch options," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 573-605, September.
- Ariel Neufeld & Marcel Nutz, 2012. "Superreplication under Volatility Uncertainty for Measurable Claims," Papers 1208.6486, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Marcel Nutz & Ramon van Handel, 2012. "Constructing Sublinear Expectations on Path Space," Papers 1205.2415, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Nutz, Marcel & van Handel, Ramon, 2013. "Constructing sublinear expectations on path space," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 123(8), pages 3100-3121.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Yu-Jui Huang, 2011. "Robust maximization of asymptotic growth under covariance uncertainty," Papers 1107.2988, arXiv.org, revised Sep 2013.
- Rama Cont, 2006. "Model uncertainty and its impact on the pricing of derivative instruments," Post-Print halshs-00002695, HAL.
- Denis Talay & Ziyu Zheng, 2002. "Worst case model risk management," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 517-537.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1307.3597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.