Price competition between subsidized organizations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jan Bouckaert & Bruno De Borger, 2013. "Price competition between subsidized organizations," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 109(2), pages 117-145, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deneckere, R., 1983. "Duopoly supergames with product differentiation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 37-42.
- Henry Hansmann, 1981. "Nonprofit Enterprise in the Performing Arts," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 341-361, Autumn.
- Gersbach, Hans & Requate, Till, 2004. "Emission taxes and optimal refunding schemes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 713-725, March.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Kala Krishna & Suddhasatwa Roy & Marie Thursby, 2001.
"Can subsidies for MARs be procompetitive?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(1), pages 212-224, February.
- Krishna, K. & Roy, S. & Thursby, M., 1998. "Can Subsidies for MARs be Procompetitive," Papers 98-008, Purdue University, Krannert School of Management - Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER).
- Kala Krishna & Suddhasatwa Roy & Marie C. Thursby, 2000. "Can Subsidies for MARs be Procompetitive?," NBER Working Papers 7624, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Barr, 2004. "Higher Education Funding," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 264-283, Summer.
- Fuest, Clemens & Tillessen, Philipp, 2005. "Why do governments use closed ended subsidies to support entrepreneurial investment?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 24-30, October.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Ilya R. Segal, 1998. "Monopoly and Soft Budget Constraint," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(3), pages 596-609, Autumn.
- Roger Clarke & David Collie, 2003.
"Product differentiation and the gains from trade under Bertrand duopoly,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(3), pages 658-673, August.
- Collie, David R & Roger Clarke, 2003. "Product Differentiation and the Gains from Trade under Bertrand Duopoly," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 47, Royal Economic Society.
- Winston, G.C. & Zimmerman, D.J., 2000. "Where is Aggressive Price Competition Taking Higher Education?," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-56, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Collie, David R., 2000. "State aid in the European Union: The prohibition of subsidies in an integrated market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 867-884, August.
- Barr, Nicholas, 2004. "Higher education funding," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 288, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Vives, Xavier, 1985. "On the efficiency of Bertrand and Cournot equilibria with product differentation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 166-175, June.
- Gary Fethke, 2006. "Subsidy and Tuition Policies in Public Higher Education," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(4), pages 644-655, October.
More about this item
KeywordsSubsidy allocation rules; Bertrand competition; Incentives to collude;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2010-11-13 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2010-11-13 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ant:wpaper:2010019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joeri Nys). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ftufsbe.html .