Financial Liberalization, Bank Restructuring and the Implications for Non-Bank Intermediaries in the Financial Markets fo Africa: Lessons from the Gambia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Udry, Christopher, 1990. "Credit Markets in Northern Nigeria: Credit as Insurance in a Rural Economy," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 251-269, September.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1989. "Credit as insurance in agrarian economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 37-53, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2016. "Risk and Sustainable Crop Intensification," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246917, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Alderman, H. & Paxson, C.H., 1992.
"Do the Poor Insure? A Synthesis of the Literature on Risk and Consumption in Developing Countries,"
164, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Alderman, Harold & Paxson, Christina H & DEC, 1992. "Do the poor insure? A synthesis of the literature on risk and consumption in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1008, The World Bank.
- M Lundberg & M Over & P Mujinja, 2000.
"Sources of Financial Assistance for Households Suffering an Adult Death in Kagera, Tanzania,"
South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 68(5), pages 420-443, December.
- Lundberg, Mattias & Over, Mead & Mujinja, Phare, 2000. "Sources of financial assistance for households suffering an adult death in Kagera, Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2508, The World Bank.
- Kristina Czura & Stefan Klonner, 2018. "Financial Market Responses to a Natural Disaster: Evidence from Local Credit Networks and the Indian Ocean Tsunami," CESifo Working Paper Series 7354, CESifo.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn & Bizimungu, Emmanuel & Birungi, Dorothy, 2016. "Risk and sustainable crop intensification: The case of smallholder rice and potato farmers in Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 1521, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bjorn Van Campenhout & Emmanuel Bizimungu, 2018. "Risk and returns of sustainable crop intensification: The case of smallholder rice and potato farmers in Uganda," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 36(S2), pages 605-633, September.
- Farrin, Katie & Miranda, Mario J., 2015. "A heterogeneous agent model of credit-linked index insurance and farm technology adoption," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 199-211.
- Yashodhan Ghorpade, 2012. "Coping Strategies in Natural Disasters and under Conflict: A Review of Household Responses and Notes for Public Policy," HiCN Working Papers 136, Households in Conflict Network.
- Michael R. CARTER & Alain de JANVRY & Elisabeth SADOULET & Alexandros SARRIS, 2014.
"Index-based weather insurance for developing countries: A review of evidence and a set of propositions for up-scaling,"
- Michael R. CARTER & Alain de JANVRY & Elisabeth SADOULET & Alexandros SARRIS, 2014. "Index-based weather insurance for developing countries: A review of evidence and a set of propositions for up-scaling," Working Papers P111, FERDI.
- Loren Brandt & Arthur Hosios, 2004. "Informal Credit in Village Economies: Contract Duration with Personal and Community Enforcement," Law and Economics 0410001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yuan, Yan & Xu, Lihe, 2015. "Are poor able to access the informal credit market? Evidence from rural households in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 232-246.
- Barnett, Barry J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Skees, Jerry R., 2008. "Poverty Traps and Index-Based Risk Transfer Products," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1766-1785, October.
- Isaac B. Oluwatayo, 2004. "Income Risk and Welfare Status of Rural Households in Nigeria: Ekiti State as a Test Case," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-61, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2007. "The Economic Lives of the Poor," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 141-168, Winter.
- Mariapia Mendola, 2004. "Migration and Technological Change in Rural Households: Complements or Substitutes?," Development Working Papers 195, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Alok Kumar, 2019.
"Subjective Income Expectations and Risks in Rural India,"
Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 53(3), pages 11-25, Summer.
- Alok Kumar, 2017. "Subjective income expectations and risks in rural India," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-165, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Baborska, Renata & Hernandez-Hernandez, Emilio & Magrini, Emiliano & Morales-Opazo, Cristian, 2018. "The impact of financial inclusion on rural food security experience: a perspective from low-and middle-income countries," MPRA Paper 89249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jin, Ling & Chen, Kevin Z. & Yu, Bingxin & Filipski, Mateusz, 2015. "Farmers' Coping Strategies against an Aggregate Shock: Evidence from the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211814, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Johnson, Nancy L., 1998. "The Demand For Private Property Rights: Land Titling, Credit, And Agricultural Productivity In Mexico," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20998, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 1998. "Market development and food demand in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 25-45.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Economics; Public Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaaeo7:198180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.