A New Approach to Solving Production-Appropriation Games with Many Heterogeneous Players
We set out a model of production and appropriation involving many players, who differ with respect to both resource endowments and productivities. We write down the model in a novel way that permits our analysis to avoid the proliferation of dimensions associated with the best response function approach as the number of heterogeneous players increases. We establish existence of a unique equilibrium in pure strategies, and carry out some comparative static exercises.
|Date of creation:||May 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 2 6125 3807
Fax: +61 2 6125 0744
Web page: http://rse.anu.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garfinkel, Michelle R. & Skaperdas, Stergios, 2007.
"Economics of Conflict: An Overview,"
Handbook of Defense Economics,
- Alex Dickson & Roger Hartley, 2007.
"The strategic Marshallian cross,"
Keele Economics Research Papers
KERP 2007/13, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Skogh, Goran & Stuart, Charles, 1982. " A Contractarian Theory of Property Rights and Crime," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(1), pages 27-40.
- Richard Cornes & Roger Hartley, 2007.
"Aggregative Public Good Games,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 9(2), pages 201-219, 04.
- Roger Hartley & Richard Cornes, 2003. "Aggregative Public Good Games," Keele Economics Research Papers KERP 2003/05, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Richard Cornes & Roger Hartley, 2003. "Aggregative Public Goods Games," NajEcon Working Paper Reviews 666156000000000063, www.najecon.org.
- Garfinkel, M.R. & Skaperdas, S., 2000. "Contract or War? On the Consequences of a Broader View of Self-Interest in Economics," Papers 99-00-12, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Alex Dickson & Roger Hartley, 2013.
"Bilateral oligopoly and quantity competition,"
Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 979-1004, April.
- Alex Dickson & Roger Hartley, 2009. "Bilateral oligopoly and quantity competition," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0911, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Alex Dickson & Roger Hartley, 2009. "Bilateral oligopoly and quantity competition," Working Papers 0922, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Herschel I & Kim, Minseong, 1995. "Swords or Plowshares? A Theory of the Security of Claims to Property," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1275-88, December.
- Dickson, Alex & Hartley, Roger, 2009. "Bilateral oligopoly and quantity competition," SIRE Discussion Papers 2009-52, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:acb:cbeeco:2010-521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.