Report NEP-POL-2018-04-09This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Becker, Sascha O & Thiemo Fetzer, 2018. "Why an EU Referendum? Why in 2016?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1160, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi, 2018. "Terrorism, Colonialism and Voter Psychology: Evidence from the United Kingdom," Working Papers hal-01687662, HAL.
- Paul Vertier & Max Viskanic, 2018. "Dismantling the "Jungle": Migrant Relocation and Extreme Voting in France," CESifo Working Paper Series 6927, CESifo.
- Moskalenko, Anna, 2017. "How public perception towards party (dis)unity a ects the introduction of primaries," Working Papers 2072/306516, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Chaudhry, Ahmed & Mazhar, Ummad, 2018. "Political competition and economic performance: Empirical evidence from Pakistan," Economics Discussion Papers 2018-27, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Balamatsias, Pavlos, 2018. "Democracy and government spending," MPRA Paper 84975, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Klaus Gründler & Tommy Krieger, 2018. "Machine Learning Indices, Political Institutions, and Economic Development," CESifo Working Paper Series 6930, CESifo.
- Bjedov, Tjaša & Lapointe, Simon & Madies, Thierry & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2018. "Does Decentralization of Decisions Increase the Stability of Large Groups?," IZA Discussion Papers 11364, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Didier Laussel, 2018. "Tying the Politicians' Hands: The Optimal Limits to Representative Democracy," Working Papers halshs-01690177, HAL.
- Mario Chacon & Jeffrey Jensen, 2018. "De Facto Power, Democracy, and Taxation: Evidence from Military Occupation during Reconstruction," Working Papers 20180016, New York University Abu Dhabi, Department of Social Science, revised Jan 2018.
- Stanislao Maldonado, 2018. "The Non-Monotonic Political Effects of Resource Booms," Working Papers 121, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Eugen Dimant & Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2017. "Negative Returns: U.S. Military Policy and Anti-American Terrorism," Economics Working Papers 17106, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Timothy Kane, 2017. "Presidents and the US Economy from 1949 to 2016," Economics Working Papers 17101, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Lapointe, Simon & Saarimaa, Tuukka & Tukiainen, Janne, 2018. "Effects of Municipal Mergers on Voter Turnout," Working Papers 106, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Stefanie Stantcheva & Edoardo Teso & Alberto Alesina, 2017. "Intergenerational Mobility and Preferences for Redistribution," 2017 Meeting Papers 1635, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- K Chad Clay & Ryan Bakker & Anne-Marie Brook & Daniel W Hill & Amanda Murdie, 2018. "HRMI Civil and Political Rights Metrics: 2018 Technical Note," Working Papers 18_05, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Boeri, Tito & Mishra, Prachi & Papageorgiou, Chris & Spilimbergo, Antonio, 2018. "A Dialogue between a Populist and an Economist," CEPR Discussion Papers 12763, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.