Report NEP-POL-2018-01-15This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Anusha Nath & Dilip Mookherjee, 2017. "Resource Transfers to Local Governments: Political Manipulation and Voting Patterns in West Bengal," 2017 Meeting Papers 1266, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- M. Keith Chen & Ryne Rohla, 2017. "The Effect of Partisanship and Political Advertising on Close Family Ties," Papers 1711.10602, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2018.
- Igor Livshits & Mark L. J. Wright, 2017. "Greed as a Source of Polarization," Working Papers 18-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Algan, Yann & Guriev, Sergei & Papaioannou, Elias & Passari, Evgenia, 2017. "The European Trust Crisis and the Rise of Populism," CEPR Discussion Papers 12444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Janku & Jan Libich, 2018. "Ignorance isn’t bliss: Uninformed voters drive budget cycles," CAMA Working Papers 2018-02, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- GREGOR Andras, 2017. "Public finances under plurality and proportional electoral systems. Evidence from Hungarian municipalities," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2017029, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Paul W. Rhode & James M. Snyder, Jr. & Koleman Strumpf, 2017. "The Arsenal of Democracy: Production and Politics During WWII," NBER Working Papers 24158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grüner, Hans Peter & Tröger, Thomas, 2018. "Linear voting rules," Working Papers 18-01, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Fedele & Pierpaolo Giannoccolo, 2018. "Paying Politicians: Not Too Little, Not Too Much," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS47, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Giorgio Bellettini & Carlotta Berti Ceroni & Chiara Monfardini, 2017. "Ethnic Diversity and Political Participation: The Role of Individual Income," CESifo Working Paper Series 6772, CESifo.
- Martinez-Bravo, Monica & Padrï¿½ i Miquel, Gerard & Qian, Nancy & Yao, Yan, 2017. "The Rise and Fall of Local Elections in China: Theory and Empirical Evidence on the Autocrat's Trade-off," CEPR Discussion Papers 12439, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gotoh, Reiko, 2017. "What Political Liberalism and the Welfare State Left Behind: -- Democracy and Death --," RCNE Discussion Paper Series 1, Research Center for Normative Economics, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Mishra, SK, 2017. "Are Democratic Regimes Antithetical to Globalization?," MPRA Paper 83321, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pablo Guerron-Quintana & Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Thorsten Drautzburg, 2017. "Political Distribution Risk and Business Cycles," 2017 Meeting Papers 1201, Society for Economic Dynamics.