Report NEP-POL-2018-01-15This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Anusha Nath & Dilip Mookherjee, 2017. "Resource Transfers to Local Governments: Political Manipulation and Voting Patterns in West Bengal," 2017 Meeting Papers 1266, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- M. Keith Chen & Ryne Rohla, 2017. "The Effect of Partisanship and Political Advertising on Close Family Ties," Papers 1711.10602, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2018.
- Igor Livshits & Mark L. J. Wright, 2017. "Greed as a Source of Polarization," Working Papers 18-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 28 Dec 2017.
- Algan, Yann & Guriev, Sergei & Papaioannou, Elias & Passari, Evgenia, 2017. "The European Trust Crisis and the Rise of Populism," CEPR Discussion Papers 12444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Janku & Jan Libich, 2018. "Ignorance isn’t bliss: Uninformed voters drive budget cycles," CAMA Working Papers 2018-02, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- GREGOR Andras, 2017. "Public finances under plurality and proportional electoral systems. Evidence from Hungarian municipalities," CORE Discussion Papers 2017029, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Paul W. Rhode & James M. Snyder, Jr. & Koleman Strumpf, 2017. "The Arsenal of Democracy: Production and Politics During WWII," NBER Working Papers 24158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grüner, Hans Peter & Tröger, Thomas, 2018. "Linear voting rules," Working Papers 18-01, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Fedele & Pierpaolo Giannoccolo, 2018. "Paying Politicians: Not Too Little, Not Too Much," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS47, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Giorgio Bellettini & Carlotta Berti Ceroni & Chiara Monfardini, 2017. "Ethnic Diversity and Political Participation: The Role of Individual Income," CESifo Working Paper Series 6772, CESifo Group Munich.
- Martinez-Bravo, Monica & Padrï¿½ i Miquel, Gerard & Qian, Nancy & Yao, Yan, 2017. "The Rise and Fall of Local Elections in China: Theory and Empirical Evidence on the Autocrat's Trade-off," CEPR Discussion Papers 12439, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gotoh, Reiko, 2017. "What Political Liberalism and the Welfare State Left Behind: -- Democracy and Death --," RCNE Discussion Paper Series 1, Research Center for Normative Economics, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Mishra, SK, 2017. "Are Democratic Regimes Antithetical to Globalization?," MPRA Paper 83321, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pablo Guerron-Quintana & Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Thorsten Drautzburg, 2017. "Political Distribution Risk and Business Cycles," 2017 Meeting Papers 1201, Society for Economic Dynamics.