Report NEP-POL-2018-01-01This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ceren Baysan, 2017. "Can More Information Lead to More Voter Polarization? Experimental Evidence from Turkey," 2017 Papers pba1551, Job Market Papers.
- Marco Giani & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2017. "Global Racist Contagion following Donald Trump’s Election," Working Papers CEB 17-034, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cristina Corduneanu-Huci & Michael T. Dorsch & Paul Maarek, 2017. "Learning to constrain: Political competition and randomized controlled trials in development," THEMA Working Papers 2017-24, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Emanuele Bracco, 2017. "A Fine Collection: The Political Budget Cycle of Traffic Enforcement," Working Papers 209919534, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Maria Zafiropoulou & Alejandro Pérez & Archontia Christodoulopoulou & Radina Peeva & Ioanna Marini, 2017. "Winners and Losers of the Greek Crisis as a Result of a Double Fragmentation and Exclusion: a Discourse Analysis of Greek Civil Society," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 119, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Bjørnskov, Christian, 2017. "Why Do Military Dictatorships Become Presidential Democracies? Mapping the Democratic Interests of Autocratic Regimes," Working Paper Series 1194, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Dimant, Eugen & Krieger, Tim & Meierrieks, Daniel, 2017. "Negative returns: U.S. military policy and anti-american terrorism," Discussion Paper Series 2017-05, University of Freiburg, Wilfried Guth Endowed Chair for Constitutional Political Economy and Competition Policy.
- Felix Koelle & Tom Lane & Daniele Nosenzo & Chris Starmer, 2017. "Nudging the electorate: what works and why?," Discussion Papers 2017-16, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Andros Kourtellos & Alex Lenkoski & Kyriakos Petrou, 2017. "Measuring the Strength of the Theories of Government Size," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 11-2017, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Raicho Bojilov & Jonas A. Gunnarsson & Gylfi Zoega, 2017. "East versus West on the European Populism Scale," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1707, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Balamatsias, Pavlos, 2017. "Democracy and taxation," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-100, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sule Akkoyunlu & Debora Ramella, 2017. "Corruption and Economic Development," Working Paper series 17-29, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Israel Marques II, 2017. "Political Connections and Non-Traditional Investment: Evidence from Public-Private Partnerships in Vocational Education," HSE Working papers WP BRP 56/PS/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Huang, Dongya & Chen, Minglu & Heberer, Thomas, 2017. "From "state control" to "business lobbying": The institutional origin of private entrepreneurs' policy influence in China," Working Papers on East Asian Studies 118/2017, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of East Asian Studies IN-EAST.
- Heberer, Thomas & Shpakovskaya, Anna, 2017. "The digital turn in political representation in China," Working Papers on East Asian Studies 119/2017, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of East Asian Studies IN-EAST.