Report NEP-POL-2015-01-31This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Tetsuo Ono, 2014. "Intergenerational Politics, Government Debt, and Economic Growth," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 14-23-Rev., Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), revised Jan 2015.
- S. F. Dizaji & M. R. Farzanegan & A. Naghavi, 2015. "Political Institutions and Government Spending Behavior: Theory and Evidence from Iran," Working Papers wp986, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Yoshio Kamijo & Yoichi Hizen & Tatsuyoshi Saijo, 2015. "Hearing the voice of future generations: A laboratory experiment of ``Demeny voting''," Working Papers SDES-2015-8, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Jan 2015.
- Freshwater, David & Leising, Jordan, 2015. "Why farm support Persists: An Explanation Grounded in Congressional political Economy," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196794, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Lorenz Blume & Bernd Hayo & Stefan Voigt, 2015. "Correlates and Determinants of Direct Democracy," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201501, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Christoph Engel & Bettina Rockenbach, 2014. "Give Everybody a Voice! The Power of Voting in a Public Goods Experiment with Externalities," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2014_16, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Biniam Bedasso, 2014. "A Dream Deferred: the Microfoundations of Direct Political Action in Pre- and Post-democratization South Africa," Working Papers 483, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Balcazar Salazar,Carlos Felipe, 2015. "Long-run effects of democracy on income inequality : evidence from repeated cross-sections," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7153, The World Bank.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Julien Labonne, 2014. "Do Politicians' Relatives Get Better Jobs? Evidence from Municipal Elections," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-37, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Siddhartha Bandyopadhyay & Bryan C McCannon, 2014. "Queuing Up For Justice: Elections and Case Backlogs," Discussion Papers 14-10, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- László Á. Kóczy, 2013. "Power indices when players can commit to reject coalitions," Working Paper Series 1401, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Rolf Aaberge & Kai Liu & Yu Zhu, 2014. "Political uncertainty and household savings," Discussion Papers 793, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Gilles Le Garrec, 2014. "Fairness, socialization and the cultural deman for redistribution," Sciences Po publications 2014-20, Sciences Po.