Report NEP-POL-2014-03-01This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-POL
The following items were announced in this report:
- Shimasawa, Manabu & Oguro, Kazumasa & Toyoda, Nao, 2014. "Does Japan have a Gray Democracy? An empirical analysis of prefectural data," CIS Discussion paper series 615, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Mahmoud, Toman Omar & Rapoport, Hillel & Steinmayr, Andreas & Trebesch, Christoph, 2014. "The Effect of Labor Migration on the Diffusion of Democracy: Evidence from a Former Soviet Republic," IZA Discussion Papers 7980, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jason M. DeBacker, 2014. "Flip-Flopping: Ideological Adjustment Costs in the United States Senate," Working Papers 201403, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Item repec:dau:papers:123456789/12585 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Tim Friehe & Eric Langlais, 2014. "On the Political Economy of Public Safety Investments," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-8, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Willem SAS, 2014. "Soft budget constraints in a federation: the effect of regional affiliation," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces14.06, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Narayan, Ambar & Dasgupta, Basab & Kaiser, Kai, 2014. "Electoral accountability and local government spending in Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6782, The World Bank.
- Li, Yuan & Gilli, Mario, 2014. "Accountability in Autocracies: The Role of Revolution Threat," Stockholm School of Economics Asia Working Paper Series 2014-30, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute, revised 06 Mar 2014.
- Garzia Joseph Lacey & Alexander H. Trechsel, 2014. "Trans-nationalising Europe’s Voting Space," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers p0361, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Marx, Paul & Schumacher, Gijs, 2014. "The Effect of Economic Change and Elite Framing on Economic Preferences: A Survey Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 7979, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jonathan White, 2014. "Politicizing Europe: The Challenge of Executive Discretion," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 72, European Institute, LSE.
- Stepan Jurajda & Daniel Munich, 2014. "Candidate Ballot Information and Election Outcomes: The Czech Case," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp500, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Item repec:beb:wpaper:201401 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Mihaly Fazekas & Istvan Janos Toth & Lawrence Peter King, 2014. "Anatomy of grand corruption: A composite corruption risk index based on objective data," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 1403, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- R. Pablo Arribillaga & Jordi Massó, 2014. "Comparing Generalized Median Voter Schemes According to their Manipulability," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 946.14, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Maarten VAN DIJCK & Tom TRUYTS, 2014. "The agricultural invasion and the political economy of agricultural trade policy in Belgium, 1875-1900," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces14.02, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Veerayooth Kanchoochat, 2014. "Coalition Politics and Reform Dynamics in Thailand," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-26, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2014. "Globalization and the Transmission of Social Values: The Case of Tolerance," Working Paper Series 1007, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Henry S. Farber, 2014. "Union Organizing Decisions in a Deteriorating Environment: The Composition of Representation Elections and the Decline in Turnout," NBER Working Papers 19908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adman, Per, 2014. "Who cares about the democratic mandate of education? A text analysis of the Swedish secondary education reform of 2009," Working Paper Series 2014:2, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- José da Silva Costa & Ruben Fernandes & Ana Natálio, 2014. "Household Sorting and Politics: Empirical Evidence for the Metropolitan Area of Porto (Portugal)," FEP Working Papers 525, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Ben Zissimos, 2014. "A Theory of Trade Policy Under Dictatorship and Democratization," Discussion Papers 1403, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.