Report NEP-POL-2013-11-02This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Mario Mechtel, 2013. "It's the occupation, stupid! Explaining candidates' success in low-information elections," IAAEU Discussion Papers 201312, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Jean Guillaume Forand & Vikram Maheshri, 2013. "A Dynamic Duverger's Law," Working Papers 2013-295-05, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Marcos Yamada Nakaguma, 2013. "Choosing the Form of Government: Theory and Evidence from Brazil," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2013_17, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Pauline Grosjean, 2013. "Conflict and Social and Political Preferences: Evidence from World War II and Civil Conflict in 35 European countries," Discussion Papers 2013-29, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Honryo, Takakazu, 2013. "Signaling Competence in Elections," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 442, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- B. Buylen & J. Christiaens, 2013. "Politics by numbers? An exploration of councillors’ apparent use of financial information during the budget discussion in Flemish municipal councils," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/841, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Thomaz M. F. Gemignani & Ricardo de Abreu Madeira, 2013. "Political Learning and Officials’ Motivations: An Empirical Analysis of the Education Reform in the State of São Paulo," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2013_16, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Hillebrand, Evan & Bervoets, Jeremy, 2013. "Economic Sanctions and The Sanctions Paradox: A Post-Sample Validation of Daniel Drezner’s Conflict Expectations Model," MPRA Paper 50954, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frederick Guy & Peter Skott, 2013. "Technology, power and the political economy of inequality," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2013-09, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Paolo Epifani & Rosario CrinÃ², 2013. "Trade Imbalances and Wage Inequality," 2013 Meeting Papers 383, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Lee, Wang-Sheng & Guven, Cahit, 2013. "Engaging in Corruption: The Influence of Cultural Values and Contagion Effects at the Micro Level," IZA Discussion Papers 7685, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Olofsgård, Anders & Perrotta, Maria & Frot, Emmanuel, 2013. "Aid Effectiveness in Times of Political Change: Lessons from the Post-Communist Transition," SITE Working Paper Series 25, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics.
- Ali Ihsan Ozkes, 2013. "Preferential Polarization Measures," Working Papers hal-00875949, HAL.