Report NEP-POL-2008-07-30This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Andrew Leigh & Tirta Susilo, 2008. "Is Voting Skin-Deep? Estimating the Effect of Candidate Ballot Photographs on Election Outcomes," CEPR Discussion Papers 583, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Item repec:pra:mprapa:9642 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Akarca, Ali T., 2008. "Inter-party vote movements in Turkey between 1999 and 2002: A statistical analysis using cross-provincial election data," MPRA Paper 9627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Conconi, Paola & Sahuguet, Nicolas & Zanardi, Maurizio, 2008. "Democratic Peace and Electoral Accountability¤," CEPR Discussion Papers 6908, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Item repec:pse:psecon:2008-39 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Patrawart, Kraiyos, 2008. "Can Equality in Education Be A New Anti-Corruption Tool?: Cross-Country Evidence (1990-2005)," MPRA Paper 9665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Justina AV Fischer & Antonio Rodriguez-Andr�s, 2008. "Political institutions and suicide: A regional analysis of Switzerland," TWI Research Paper Series 33, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- Christopher Lord, 2008. "Some indicators of the democratic performance of the European Union and how they might relate to the RECON models," RECON Online Working Papers Series 11, RECON.
- Item repec:pse:psecon:2008-36 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Peter Grajzl & Peter Murrell, 2008. "Fostering Civil Society to Build Institutions: Why and When," Electronic Working Papers 08-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Martin Halla & Friedrich Schneider & Alexander Wagner, 2008. "Satisfaction with Democracy and Collective Action Problems: The Case of the Environment," Economics working papers 2008-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Pivato, Marcus, 2008. "The geometry of consistent majoritarian judgement aggregation," MPRA Paper 9608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keith Blackburn & Gonzalo F. Forgues-Puccio, 2008. "Financial Liberalisation, Bureaucratic Corruption and Economic Development," Development Research Working Paper Series 06/2008, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2008. "Citizenship in the United States: The Roles of Immigrant Characteristics and Country of Origin," IZA Discussion Papers 3596, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).