Report NEP-POL-2007-10-20This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Cousins, Mel, 2007. "Political budget cycles and social security budget increases in the Republic of Ireland, 1923-2005," MPRA Paper 5359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Campos, Nauro F & Karanasos, Menelaos, 2007. "Growth, Volatility and Political Instability: Non-Linear Time-Series Evidence for Argentina, 1896-2000," CEPR Discussion Papers 6524, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Beard, Rodney, 2007. "Rent seeking, interest groups and environmental lobbying: Cane Farmers versus Great Barrier Reef Protectionists," MPRA Paper 5351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jones, Randall J. & Armstrong, J. Scott & Cuzan, Alfred G., 2007. "Forecasting elections using expert surveys: an application to U.S. presidential elections," MPRA Paper 5301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Creedy & Solmaz Moslehi, 2007. "Modelling the Composition of Government Expenditure in Democracies," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1007, The University of Melbourne.
- Joseph Francois & Hugo Rojas-Romagosa, 2007. "Equity and Trade Policy," IIDE Discussion Papers 20070501, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Alvarez, R. Michael & Bailey, Delia & Katz, Jonathan, 2007. "The effect of voter identification laws on turnout," Working Papers 1267, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Álvaro Pina & Nuno Venes, 2007. "The Political Economy of EDP Fiscal Forecasts: An Empirical Assessment," Working Papers Department of Economics 2007/23, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- John M. de Figueiredo & Brian S. Silverman, 2007. "How Does the Government (Want to) Fund Science? Politics, Lobbying and Academic Earmarks," NBER Working Papers 13459, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.