Report NEP-PBE-2014-08-25This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Keunjae Lee issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Aronsson, Thomas & Mannberg, Andrea, 2014. "Positional Preferences for Housing: Income Taxation as a Second-Best Policy?," Umeå Economic Studies 890, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Ida, Tomoya & Wilhelmsson, Mats, 2014. "An Empirical Test Of The Dominant Tax Externality In Sweden," Working Paper Series 14/5, Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Real Estate and Construction Management & Banking and Finance.
- Fabian Kindermann & Dirk Krueger, 2014. "The Redistributive Benefits of Progressive Labor and Capital Income Taxation," 2014 Meeting Papers 221, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Eichfelder, Sebastian & Lau, Mona, 2014. "Capital gains taxes and asset prices: The impact of tax awareness and procrastination," Discussion Papers 2014/17, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Carpenter, Jeffrey P. & Matthews, Peter Hans & Tabb, Benjamin, 2014. "Progressive Taxation in a Tournament Economy," IZA Discussion Papers 8369, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Aronsson, Thomas & Heidrich, Stefanie & Wikström, Magnus, 2014. "Social Identity, Education and Tax Policy," Umeå Economic Studies 891, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Kristian Behrens & Yoshitsugu Kanemoto & Yasusada Murata, 2014. "The Henry George Theorem in a second-best world," GRIPS Discussion Papers 14-11, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Evers, Maria Theresia & Finke, Katharina & Matenaer, Sebastian & Meier, Ina & Zinn, Benedikt, 2014. "Evidence on book-tax differences and disclosure quality based on the notes to the financial statements," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-047, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- World Bank, 2014. "Restructuring Corporate Income Tax and Value Added Tax in Vietnam : An Analysis of Current Changes and Agenda for the Future," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17832, The World Bank.
- Makoto Nirei & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2014. "Beauty Contests and Fat Tails in Financial Markets," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 024, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Martin Bes & Daniel Alvarez-Estrada, 2013.
"Promoting Growth in the Caribbean : Tax Incentives in Theory and in Practice
[Promoción del crecimiento en el Caribe : incentivos fiscales en teoría y en la práctica]," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16619, The World Bank.
- HASUMI Ryo, 2014. "The Effect of Corporate Tax Rate Reduction: A simulation analysis with a small open economy DSGE model for Japan (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 14040, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- !ngel de la Fuente & Ramón Barberán & Ezequiel Uriel, 2014. "A system of regionalized public accounts for Spain Methodology and results for 2005," Studies on the Spanish Economy eee2014-04, FEDEA.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Daniel Teichmann, 2013. "Tax Reforms and the Capital Structure of Banks," Taxation Papers 37, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Riera-Crichton, Daniel & Vegh, Carlos A. & Vuletin, Guillermo, 2014. "Fiscal multipliers in recessions and expansions : does it matter whether government spending is increasing or decreasing ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6993, The World Bank.
- Francis A. Longstaff & Ilya A. Strebulaev, 2014. "Corporate Taxes and Capital Structure: A Long-Term Historical Perspective," NBER Working Papers 20372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burgert, Matthias & Schmidt , Sebastian, 2013. "Dealing with a liquidity trap when government debt matters: Optimal time-consistent monetary and fiscal policy," IMFS Working Paper Series 72, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Feld, Lars P., 2014. "James Buchanan's theory of federalism: From fiscal equity to the ideal political order," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 14/06, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..