Report NEP-PBE-2007-03-24This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Peren Arin issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Enrique G. Mendoza & Jonathan David Ostry, 2007. "International Evidenceon Fiscal Solvency: Is Fiscal Policy "Responsible"?," IMF Working Papers 07/56, International Monetary Fund.
- Ngo Van Long & Frank Staehler, 2007. "Public Ownership and Trade Policy," CIRANO Working Papers 2007s-07, CIRANO.
- Item repec:bep:dewple:2006-1-1161 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Stefan Voigt & Lorenz Blume, . "The Economic Effects of Direct Democracy - A Cross-Country Assessment," German Working Papers in Law and Economics 2006-1-1144, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Chiappori, Pierre-André & Iyigun, Murat & Weiss, Yoram, 2007. "Public Goods, Transferable Utility and Divorce Laws," IZA Discussion Papers 2646, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pelin Berkmen, 2007. "Precautionary Monetary and Fiscal Policies," IMF Working Papers 07/30, International Monetary Fund.
- Dennis P. J. Botman & Papa M'B. P. N'Diaye & Hali J. Edison, 2007. "Strategies for Fiscal Consolidation in Japan," IMF Working Papers 07/37, International Monetary Fund.
- Arcalean, Calin & Glomm, Gerhard & Schiopu, Ioana & Suedekum, Jens, 2007. "Public Budget Composition, Fiscal (De)Centralization and Welfare," IZA Discussion Papers 2626, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gorostiaga Alonso, Miren Arantzazu & Cassou, Steven P., 2007. "Optimal fiscal policy in a multisector model with minimum expenditure requirements," DFAEII Working Papers 2007-01, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Item repec:bep:dewple:2006-1-1162 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Wallace E. Oates, 2007. "On the Theory and Practise of Fiscal Decentralization," Working Papers 0701, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised Jan 2007.
- Maas, Hauke, 2006. "The Proliferation of Fiscal Incentives and the Nicaraguan State as a Manager of Rents: A Political Economy Perspective on Nicaraguan Industrial Policy Since 1990," MPRA Paper 2335, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2007. "The Dynamics of Reform of India’s Federal System," MPRA Paper 2282, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michal Mackiewicz, 2006. "Determinants of Cyclicality of Fiscal Surpluses in The OECD Countries," Working Papers 0101, Institute of Economics, University of Lodz, revised Feb 2007.
- J. Ignacio Conde-Ruiz & Paola Profeta, 2007. "The Redistributive Design of Social Security Systems," Working Papers 2007-07, FEDEA.
- John Creedy & Ross Guest, 2007. "Changes in the Taxation of Superannuation:Macroeconomic and Welfare Effects," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 986, The University of Melbourne.
- John Creedy & Ross Guest, 2007. "The Labour Supply and Savings Effects of Superannuation Tax Changes," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 988, The University of Melbourne.
- Määttänen, Niku & Poutvaara, Panu, 2007. "Should Old-Age Benefits Be Earnings-Tested?," IZA Discussion Papers 2616, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- canegrati, emanuele, 2007. "The single-mindedness of labor unions when transfers are not Lump-Sum," MPRA Paper 2320, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephen Smith & Michael Keen, 2007. "VAT Fraud and Evasion: What Do We Know, and What Can be Done?," IMF Working Papers 07/31, International Monetary Fund.
- Luc Laeven & Harry Huizinga & Gaetan Nicodeme, 2007. "Capital Structure and International Debt Shifting," IMF Working Papers 07/39, International Monetary Fund.
- Neumark, David & Wascher, William, 2007. "Minimum Wages, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and Employment: Evidence from the Post-Welfare Reform Era," IZA Discussion Papers 2610, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Larsson, Laura & Runeson, Caroline, 2007. "Moral hazard among the sick and unemployed: evidence from a Swedish social insurance reform," Working Paper Series 2007:8, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Daniel Albalate & Germa Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2007. "Privatization and regulation of toll motorways in europe," IREA Working Papers 200704, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Mar 2007.
- Item repec:bep:dewple:2006-1-1150 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Ramirez Verdugo, Arturo, 2005. "Tax Incentives and Business Investment: New Evidence from Mexico," MPRA Paper 2272, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Oct 2006.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Juan A. Rojas & Sergio Puente, 2006. "Modeling the impact of aging on social security expenditures," Banco de Espa�a Occasional Papers 0601, Banco de Espa�a.
- Olovsson, Conny & Roine, Jesper, 2007. "On the Possibility of Political Change – Outcomes in Between Local and Global Equilibria," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 654, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 15 Mar 2007.
- Svaleryd, Helena, 2007. "Women's Representation and Public Spending," Working Paper Series 701, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Bandiera, Luca & Budina, Nina & Klijn, Michel & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 2007. "The"how to"of fiscal sustainability : a technical manual for using the fiscal sustainability tool," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4170, The World Bank.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Völter, Robert, 2007. "Long-Run Effects of Training Programs for the Unemployed in East Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 2630, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christoffoli, Pedro Ivan, 2006.
"Políticas públicas e expansão recente do agronegócio na fronteira agrícola do Brasil
[Public policies and agribusiness expansion in Brazilian agricultural frontier]," MPRA Paper 2219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roc Armenter & Francesc Ortega, 2007. "Credible redistributive policies and migration across US States," Economics Working Papers 1022, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Daniel Albalate, 2007. "Lowering blood alcohol content levels to save lives: A European case study," Working Papers in Economics 173, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Jeffrey I. Bernstein & Theofanis P. Mamuneas, 2007. "Public Infrastructure, Input Efficiency and Productivity Growth in the Canadian Food Processing Industry," Working Papers 0703, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Item repec:hal:papers:hal-00137200_v1 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Norah Montes de Oca & David Levinson, 2006. "Network Expansion Decision-making in the Twin Cities," Working Papers 200608, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Diego Prior & Jordi Surroca, 2007. "A reasonable benchmarking frontier using DEA : an incentive scheme to improve efficiency in public hospitals," Business Economics Working Papers wb071105, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Brian Smalkoski & Ning Li & David Levinson, 2006. "Economic Effects of Lifting the Spring Load Restriction Policy in Minnesota," Working Papers 200606, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Hendrik Schmitz & Viktor Steiner, 2007. "Benefit-Entitlement Effects and the Duration of Unemployment: An Ex-ante Evaluation of Recent Labour Market Reforms in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 678, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Item repec:hal:papers:halshs-00133854_v2 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Daniel Albalate & Germa Bel, 2007. "Regulating Concessions of Toll Motorways, An Empirical Study on Fixed vs. Variable Term Contracts," IREA Working Papers 200706, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Mar 2007.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Checchi, Daniele & Filippin, Antonio, 2007. "Territorial Differences in Italian Students’ Mathematical Competencies: Evidence from PISA 2003," IZA Discussion Papers 2603, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Biot-Paquerot, Guillaume, 2006.
"Organes de gouvernance et paradoxe démocratique: Le cas des conseils d’administration d’université
[Democratic paradox and governance mediums: the case of university boards]," MPRA Paper 2302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guidolin, Massimo & Timmermann, Allan G, 2007. "Forecasts of US Short-term Interest Rates: A Flexible Forecast Combination Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 6188, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Low, Hamish & Meghir, Costas & Pistaferri, Luigi, 2007. "Wage Risk and Employment Risk Over the Life Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 6187, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul Mosley & Abrar Suleiman, 2005. "Budget support, conditionality and poverty," Working Papers 2005012, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Stevenson, Betsey & Wolfers, Justin, 2007. "Marriage and Divorce: Changes and their Driving Forces," IZA Discussion Papers 2602, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).