Report NEP-OPM-2016-02-23This is the archive for NEP-OPM, a report on new working papers in the area of Open Economy Macroeconomics. Martin Berka issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Heathcote, Jonathan & Perri, Fabrizio, 2016. "On the Desirability of Capital Controls," Staff Report 523, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Reinhart, Vincent & Trebesch, Christoph, 2016. "Global Cycles: Capital Flows, Commodities, and Sovereign Defaults, 1815-2015," CEPR Discussion Papers 11096, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guillaume Plantin & Hyun Song Shin, 2016. "Exchange rates and monetary spillovers," BIS Working Papers 537, Bank for International Settlements.
- Britta Gehrke & Fang Yao, 2016. "Persistence and volatility of real exchange rates: the role of supply shocks revisited," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2016/02, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2015. "Real Exchange Rates, Current Accounts and Competitiveness Issues in the Euro Area," MPRA Paper 68864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gudmundsson, Gudmundur S. & Zoega, Gylfi, 2016. "A double-edged sword: High interest rates in capital control regimes," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-3, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Njindan Iyke , Bernard & Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2015. "The determinants of long-run real exchange rates in South Africa: a fundamental equilibrium approach," Working Papers 18979, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Rajeswari Sengupta & Abhijit Sen Gupta, 2016. "Is there a case for exchange rate coordination in South Asia?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2016-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Chiţu, Livia, 2016. "Reserve accumulation, inflation and moral hazard: Evidence from a natural experiment," Working Paper Series 1880, European Central Bank.
- Bertola, Giuseppe & Lo Prete, Anna, 2015. "Reforms, Finance, and Current Accounts," CEPR Discussion Papers 10413, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nguyen, Ha & Duncan, Alan, 2015. "Macroeconomic fluctuations in home countries and immigrants’ well-being: New evidence from Down Under," MPRA Paper 69593, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2016.
- Duncan, Roberto, 2015. "Does the US current account show a symmetric behavior over the business cycle?," Globalization Institute Working Papers 253, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Bretscher, Lorenzo & Julliard, Christian & Rosa, Carlo, 2016. "Human capital and international portfolio diversification:a reappraisal," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64835, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bretscher, Lorenzo & Julliard, Christian & Rosa, Carlo, 2015. "Human capital and international portfolio diversification: a reappraisal," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65091, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.