Report NEP-MIG-2018-07-16This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Lara, Jaime, 2018. "Subjective Well-Being among Communities Left Behind by International Migrants," MPRA Paper 87051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & van den Heuvel, W., 2018. "Aggregate statistics on trafficker-destination relations in the Atlantic slave trade," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2018-21, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Nicoleta-Elena Buzatu, 2018. "The Trafficking in Human Beings Crime in Romania," Proceedings of the 9th International RAIS Conference on Social Sciences and Humanities, April 4-5, 2018 015, Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Sascha O. Becker & Thiemo Fetzer, 2018. "Has Eastern European Migration Impacted UK-born Workers?," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 376, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- BIAVASCHI Costanza & BURZYNSKI Michal & ELSNER Benjamin & MACHADO Joël, 2018. "Taking the Skill Bias out of Global Migration," LISER Working Paper Series 2018-11, Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER).
- Boulanger Martel, Simon Pierre & Pelling, Lisa & Wadensjö, Eskil, 2018. "Economic Resources, Financial Aid and Remittances," IZA Discussion Papers 11552, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bernd Hayo & Israel García & Pierre-Méon Guillaume & Florian Neumeier & Duncan Roth, 2018. "German Public Attitudes Towards Asylum Seekers, Immigrants in the Workplace, Inflation, and Local Budgets: Evidence from a Representative Survey of the German Population," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201819, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Khasru, Syed Munir & Mahmud, Kazi Mitul & Nahreen, Avia, 2018. "Reforming the migration governance system," Economics Discussion Papers 2018-42, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Gouranga Gopal Das & Sugata Marjit, 2018. "Skill, Innovation and Wage Inequality: Can Immigrants be the Trump Card?," CESifo Working Paper Series 7082, CESifo.
- Michele Battisti & Giovanni Peri & Agnese Romiti, 2018. "Dynamic Effects of Co-Ethnic Networks on Immigrants' Economic Success," CESifo Working Paper Series 7084, CESifo.
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Feuerbaum, Carsten & Piopiunik, Marc & Woessmann, Ludger, 2018. "Growing Up in Ethnic Enclaves: Language Proficiency and Educational Attainment of Immigrant Children," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 104, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Rosario Crino & Giovanni Immordino & Gülen Karakoç-Palminteri & Salvatore Piccolo, 2018. "Fighting Mobile Crime," CSEF Working Papers 504, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Julie L. Hotchkiss & Anil Rupasingha, 2018. "In-migration and Dilution of Community Social Capital," Working Papers 18-32, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Schiff, Maurice, 2018. "Brain Drain-Induced Brain Gain and the Bhagwati Tax: Are Early and Recent Paradigms Compatible?," IZA Discussion Papers 11551, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Clark, Gregory & Cummins, Neil, 2018. "The Big Sort: Selective Migration and the Decline of Northern England, 1780-2018," CEPR Discussion Papers 13023, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Grosfeld, Irena & Grosjean, Pauline & Voigtländer, Nico & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2018. "Forced Migration and Human Capital: Evidence from Post-WWII Population Transfers," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 374, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Ulceluse, Magdalena, 2018. "Self-employment as a stepping stone to better labour market matching: a comparison between immigrants and natives," GLO Discussion Paper Series 219, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Anusha Mahendran, 2018. "Facilitating Economic Development Through Employment Opportunities for Migrant Workers," Proceedings of the 9th International RAIS Conference on Social Sciences and Humanities, April 4-5, 2018 008, Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies.