Report NEP-MIG-2009-05-16This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lundborg, Petter & Nystedt, Paul & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2009. "Critical Periods During Childhood and Adolescence: A Study of Adult Height Among Immigrant Siblings," IZA Discussion Papers 4140, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carletto, Calogero & Kilic, Talip, 2009. "Moving up the ladder ? the impact of migration experience on occupational mobility in Albania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4908, The World Bank.
- Grun, Rebekka E., 2009. "Exit and save : migration and saving under violence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4918, The World Bank.
- Item repec:pri:cmgdev:1144 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Danzer, Alexander M. & Dietz, Barbara, 2009. "Temporary Labour Migration and Welfare at the New European Fringe: A Comparison of Five Eastern European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4142, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- P. Giannoccolo, 2009. "Migration Competition in Enlarged European Union: A Theoretical Model," Working Papers 666, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Marre, Alexander W., 2009. "Rural Out-Migration, Income, and Poverty: Are Those Who Move Truly Better Off?," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49346, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hou, Feng & Picot, Garnett, 2009. "Immigrant Characteristics, the IT Bust, and Their Effect on Entry Earnings of Immigrants," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2008315e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Munk, Martin D. & Junge, Martin, 2009. "Self-Selection and Earnings of Emigrants from a Welfare State," IZA Discussion Papers 4144, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Item repec:pri:cmgdev:1143 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Aguiar, Angel & Walmsley, Terrie L., 2009. "Economic Analysis of U.S. Immigration Reforms," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49302, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2009. "What Does Global Expansion of Higher Education Mean for the US?," NBER Working Papers 14962, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Schiff, Maurice, 2009. "International migration, transfers of norms and home country fertility," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4925, The World Bank.
- Sylvain Dessy & Tiana Rambeloma, 2009. "Immigration Policy, Remittances, and Growth in the Migrant-Sending Country," Cahiers de recherche 0915, CIRPEE.
- Melissa Siegel & Matthias Lücke, 2009. "What determines the choice of transfer channel for remittances? Evidence from Moldova," Kiel Working Papers 1515, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Hernandez, Emilio & Sam, Abdoul G. & Gonzalez-Vega, Claudio & Chen, Joyce J., 2009. "Impact of Conditional Cash Transfers and Remittances on Credit Market Outcomes in Rural Nicaragua," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49319, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hou, Feng & Picot, Garnett, 2009. "Les caracteristiques des immigrants, l'effondrement de la TI et leur effet sur les gains initiaux des immigrants," Direction des études analytiques : documents de recherche 2008315f, Statistics Canada, Direction des études analytiques.