Report NEP-LAB-2017-05-28This is the archive for NEP-LAB, a report on new working papers in the area of Labour Economics. Joseph Marchand issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Jeanne Cilliers & Johan Fourie, 2017. "Social mobility during South Africa’s industrial take-off," Working Papers 04/2017, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Sandra E. Black & Erik Grönqvist & Björn Öckert, 2017. "Born to Lead? The Effect of Birth Order on Non-Cognitive Abilities," NBER Working Papers 23393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen R.G. Jones & W. Craig Riddell, 2017. "Unemployment, Marginal Attachment and Labor Force Participation in Canada and the United States," Department of Economics Working Papers 2017-07, McMaster University.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Delia Furtado, 2017. "Settling for Academia? H-1B Visas and the Career Choices of International Students in the United States," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1705, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Manning, Alan & Petrongolo, Barbara, 2017. "How local are labor markets? Evidence from a spatial job search model," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 78492, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jonathan J Adams, 2017. "Urbanization, Long-Run Growth, and the Demographic Transition," Working Papers 001001, University of Florida, Department of Economics.
- Pastore, Francesco, 2017. "Why So Slow? The School-to-Work Transition in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 10767, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Altangerel, Khulan & van Ours, Jan C., 2017. "U.S. Immigration Reform and the Dynamics of Mexican Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 10771, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Forte, Giuseppe & Portes, Jonathan, 2017. "Macroeconomic Determinants of International Migration to the UK," GLO Discussion Paper Series 69, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Hunt, Jennifer & Clemens, Michael, 2017. "The Labor Market Effects of Refugee Waves: Reconciling Conflicting Results," CEPR Discussion Papers 12050, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Natalia Danzer & Martin Halla & Nicole Schneeweis & Martina Zweimüller, 2017. "Parental Leave, (In)formal Childcare and Long-term Child Outcomes," Working Papers 2017-11, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, Universität Innsbruck.
- Michael E. Waugh, 2017. "Firm Dynamics and Immigration: The Case of High-Skilled Immigration," NBER Working Papers 23387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kyyrä, Tomi & Arranz, José María & García-Serrano, Carlos, 2017. "Does Part-Time Work Help Unemployed Workers to Find Full-Time Work? Evidence from Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 10770, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bingley, Paul & Cappellari, Lorenzo, 2017. "Correlations of Brothers' Earnings and Intergenerational Transmission," IZA Discussion Papers 10761, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Van Reenen, John & Autor, David & Dorn, David & Katz, Lawrence & Patterson, Christina, 2017. "The Fall of the Labor Share and the Rise of Superstar Firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 12041, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.