Report NEP-HRM-2008-08-31This is the archive for NEP-HRM, a report on new working papers in the area of Human Capital & Human Resource Management. Fabio Sabatini issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Hartog, Joop & van Praag, Mirjam C. & van der Sluis, Justin, 2008. "If You Are So Smart, Why Aren't You an Entrepreneur? Returns to Cognitive and Social Ability: Entrepreneurs versus Employees," IZA Discussion Papers 3648, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sambit Bhattacharyya, 2008. "Unbundled Institutions, Human Capital and Growth," Departmental Working Papers 2008-14, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Thomas Bolli & Mathias Zurlinden, 2008. "Measurement of labor quality growth caused by unobservable characteristics," KOF Working papers 08-203, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Coneus, Katja & Gernandt, Johannes & Saam, Marianne, 2008. "Noncognitive Skills, Internet Use and Educational Dropout," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-044, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sanromá, Esteban & Ramos, Raul & Simón, Hipólito, 2008. "The Portability of Human Capital and Immigrant Assimilation: Evidence for Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 3649, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anne-Marie Brook, 2008. "Raising Education Achievement and Breaking the Cycle of Inequality in the United Kingdom," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 633, OECD Publishing.
- Christian Kingombe, 2008. "Evaluating the Effects of Vocational Training in Africa," OECD Development Centre Policy Insights 61, OECD Publishing.
- Leino, Topias, 2008. "Education - A Job Market Signal?," Discussion Papers 1147, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ofer Malamud & Cristian Pop-Eleches, 2008. "General Education vs. Vocational Training: Evidence from an Economy in Transition," Working Papers 0807, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Ofer Malamud & Cristian Pop-Eleches, 2008. "School Tracking and Access to Higher Education Among Disadvantaged Groups," Working Papers 0810, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Ofer Malamud, 2007. "Breadth vs. Depth: The Timing of Specialization in Higher Education," Working Papers 0808, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Ofer Malamud & Abigail Wozniak, 2008. "The Impact of College Graduation on Geographic Mobility: Identifying Education Using Multiple Components of Vietnam Draft Risk," Working Papers 0811, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Kredler, Matthias, 2008. "Experience vs. Obsolescence: A Vintage-Human-Capital Model," MPRA Paper 10200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarah Brown & Steve McIntosh & Karl Taylor, 2007. "Following in your parents' footsteps? Empirical Analysis of Matched Parent-Offspring Test Scores," Working Papers 2007017, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2007.
- D Mayston & J Yang, 2008. "A Pecking Order Analysis of Graduate Overeducation and Educational Investment in China," Discussion Papers 08/25, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Salm, Martin & Schunk, Daniel, 2008. "The Role of Childhood Health for the Intergenerational Transmission of Human Capital: Evidence from Administrative Data," IZA Discussion Papers 3646, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).