Report NEP-HIS-2018-07-30This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Fremdling, Rainer, 2018.
"Statistik und Organisation der NS-Kriegswirtschaft und der DDR-Planwirtschaft 1933-1949/50
[Statistics and Organization of the NS-War Economy and the East-German Planned Economy 1933-1949/50]," MPRA Paper 87664, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erasmo Papagni & Amedeo Lepore & Emanuele Felice & Anna Laura Baraldi & Maria Rosaria Alfano, 2018. "Public Investment and Growth Accelerations: The Case of Southern Italy, 1951-1995," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2018/10, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Ricardo de Menezes Barboza, 2017. "Whose “pound of flesh”? Egyptian sterling balances, 1939-1958," Textos para discussão 661, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Dorothy S. McClellan & Nikola Knez, 2017. "License For Genocide: International Law Violations & The Bleiburg Massacre At The Close Of World War Ii," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 5407752, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Bruno Damásio & Sandro Mendonça, 2018. "Modeling insurgent-incumbent dynamics: Vector autoregressions,multivariate Markov chains, and the nature of technological competition," Working Papers REM 2018/44, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Gupta, Avinash, 2018. "‘Economics’ of prosperity: Why the dominant perspectives may be unhelpful to make sense of underdevelopment," MPRA Paper 87702, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David S. Jacks & Dennis Novy, 2018. "Market Potential and Global Growth over the Long Twentieth Century," CEP Discussion Papers dp1560, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Jérémy Ducros & Angelo Riva, 2018. "The Lyon Stock Exchange: The Survival of the Fittest (1866-1914)," Working Papers halshs-01800720, HAL.
- Marcelo de Paiva Abreu, 2017. "Negócios britânicos no Brasil: da maturidade à irrelevância, 1850-1950," Textos para discussão 658, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Hubert Bonin, 2018. "Bankers drawing lessons from history: lucidity or blindness?," Cahiers du GREThA 2018-13, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée(GREThA).
- Dericks, Gerard & Koster, Hans R. A., 2018. "The billion pound drop: the blitz and agglomeration economics in London," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 88694, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Besley, Timothy, 2016. "The contributions of Angus Deaton," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67275, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Belmonte, Alessandro & Di Lillo, Armando, 2018. "From Italianization to Germanization : Division of Labor, Economic Rents, and Anti-German Attitudes in South Tyrol," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 379, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Ivlevs, Artjoms & Hinks, Timothy, 2018. "Former Communist Party Membership and Bribery in the Post-Socialist Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 11594, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Maurer, Stephan E., 2018. "Oil discoveries and education spending in the postbellum south," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 88677, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Büchel, Konstantin & Kyburz, Stephan, 2018. "Fast track to growth? Railway access, population growth and local displacement in 19th century Switzerland," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 88689, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mehrdad Vahabi, 2017. "Coercive state, resisting society, political and economic development in Iran," Working Papers hal-01583595, HAL.
- Adriano Do Vale, 2017. "Un récit historique alternatif sur l’indépendance des banques centrales: la doctrine et les pratiques avant la théorie ou l’art avant la science," Working Papers hal-01662234, HAL.
- Adrien Montalbo, 2018. "Industrial activities and primary schooling in early nineteenth-century France," PSE Working Papers halshs-01826346, HAL.
- Bhalotra, Sonia R. & Clarke, Damian & Gomes, Joseph & Venkataramani, Atheendar, 2018. "Maternal Mortality and Women's Political Participation," IZA Discussion Papers 11590, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- William N. Evans & Craig Garthwaite & Timothy J. Moore, 2018. "Guns and Violence: The Enduring Impact of Crack Cocaine Markets on Young Black Males," NBER Working Papers 24819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas Wilfried Hahn-De-Castro & Adolfo Meisel-Roca, 2018. "La desigualdad económica entre las regiones de Colombia, 1926-2016," Cuadernos de Historia Económica 016428, Banco de la República - Economía Regional.
- Trofimov, Ivan D., 2018. "Income terms of trade and economic convergence: Evidence from Latin America," MPRA Paper 87598, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anders, Jake & Burgess, Simon & Portes, Jonathan, 2018. "The Long-Term Outcomes of Refugees: Tracking the Progress of the East African Asians," IZA Discussion Papers 11609, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Claude Gamel, 2018.
"Hayek's liberal dialectics
[La dialectique libérale de Hayek]," Working Papers halshs-01830570, HAL.
- Daniel Albalate & Germà Bel, 2018. "“Do government formation deadlocks damage economic growth? Evidence from history’s longest period of political deadlock”," IREA Working Papers 201817, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jul 2018.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Cristian Jara-Figueroa & Sergio Petralia & Mathieu Steijn & David Rigby & César Hidalgo, 2018. "Complex Economic Activities Concentrate in Large Cities," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1829, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2018.
- Durst, Michael C., 2018. "Chapter 3: The Historical Evolution of Base Erosion and Profit Shifting," Working Papers 13843, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Lane, Joseph, 2018. "Secrets for sale? Innovation and the nature of knowledge in an early industrial district: the Potteries, 1750-1851," Economic History Working Papers 89386, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Roger Scruton, 2016.
"Clown Prince of the Revolution. On Slavoj Žižek, a new kind of leftist thinker
[El principe payaso de la revolución. Sobre Slavoj Žižek, un nuevo tipo de pensador de la izquierda]," Post-Print hal-01817268, HAL.
- Kelly, Morgan & Cormac ´O Grada, 2018. "Gravity and Migration before Railways : Evidence from Parisian Prostitutes and Revolutionaries," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 378, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Sheremeta, Roman & Smith, Vernon, 2017. "The Impact of the Reformation on the Economic Development of Western Europe," MPRA Paper 87220, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sumner La Croix, 2018. "The Khoikhoi Population, 1652-1780: A Review of the Evidence and Two New Estimates," Working Papers 201802, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Marcelo de Paiva Abreu, 2017. "América Latina: o contexto externo, 1928-1982," Textos para discussão 660, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- de Haas, Ralph & Popov, A., 2018. "Financial Development and Industrial Pollution," Discussion Paper 2018-024, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Benny Moldovanu & Andreas Kleiner, 2018. "A Nazi 'Killer' Amendment," CRC TR 224 Discussion Paper Series crctr224_032_2018, University of Bonn and University of Mannheim, Germany.
- Frank Adusah-Poku & William Bekoe, 2018. "Does the Form Matter? Foreign Capital Inflows and Economic Growth," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2018/07, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.