Report NEP-HIS-2016-08-07This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Patrick K. O’Brien & Nuno Palma, 2016. "Danger to the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street? The Bank Restriction Act and the regime shift to paper money, 1797-1821," Working Papers 0100, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Rafael Barquín & Pedro Pérez & Basilio Sanz, 2016. "Literacy in Spain in the 19th century: An econometric analysis," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1615, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Simeon Djankov & Owen Hauck, 2016. "The Divergent Postcommunist Paths to Democracy and Economic Freedom," Working Paper Series WP16-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Yolanda Blasco-Martel, 2016. "The Palmer Rule and the convertibility of bank notes in Spain," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1614, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Jaime Reis, 2016. "The Gross Agricultural Output of Portugal: A Quantitative, Unified Perspective, 1500-1850," Working Papers 0098, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Razvan GRECU, 2016. "Globalization of World Economy," Working papers 09, Ecological University of Bucharest, Department of Economics.
- Anderson, D. Mark & Brown, Ryan & Charles, Kerwin Kofi & Rees, Daniel I., 2016. "The Effect of Occupational Licensing on Consumer Welfare: Early Midwifery Laws and Maternal Mortality," IZA Discussion Papers 10074, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Haruna Asonuma & Ayako Hotta-Lister & Ian Nish & Naraoka Sochi, 2016. "Taisho Studies," STICERD - International Studies Paper Series /2016/586, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Stefano Ugolini, 2016. "Liquidity Management and Central Bank Strength: Bank of England Operations Reloaded, 1889-1910," Working Paper 2016/10, Norges Bank.
- Brandt, Loren & Ma, Debin & Rawski, Thomas, 2016. "Industrialization in China," IZA Discussion Papers 10096, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brian D. Varian, 2016. "The revealed comparative advantages of late-Victorian Britain," Working Papers 0097, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Parsons, Christopher & Vézina, Pierre-Louis, 2016. "Migrant Networks and Trade: The Vietnamese Boat People as a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 10112, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniele, Vittorio & Foresti, Pasquale & Napolitano, Oreste, 2017. "The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67219, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.