Report NEP-HIS-2009-07-17This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Nunn, Nathan & Qian, Nancy, 2009. "The Potato's Contribution to Population and Urbanization: Evidence from an Historical Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 7364, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pereira, Luiz C. Bresser, 2009. "From the national-bourgeois to the associated dependency interpretation of latin America," Textos para discussão 185, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Sharon Harrison & Mark Weder, 2009. "Technological Change and the Roaring Twenties: A Neoclassical Perspective," Working Papers 0902, Barnard College, Department of Economics.
- Naritomi, Joana & Soares, Rodrigo R. & Assunção, Juliano J., 2009. "Institutional Development and Colonial Heritage within Brazil," IZA Discussion Papers 4276, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Edwyna Harris, 2006. "Lobbying For Legislation: An Examination Of Water Rights Transition In Colonial Victoria, Australia 1840-1886," Monash Economics Working Papers 12/06, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Makena Coffman & Ilan Noy, 2009. "A Hurricane’s Long-Term Economic Impact: the Case of Hawaii’s Iniki," Working Papers 200905, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Edwyna Harris, 2008. "The Persistence Of Correlative Water Rights In Colonial Australia: A Theoretical Contradiction?," Monash Economics Working Papers 11/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Brahima Coulibaly & Trevon D. Logan, 2009. "South Africa's post-apartheid two-step: social demands versus macro stability," International Finance Discussion Papers 974, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Levintal, Oren & Zeira, Joseph, 2009. "The Evolution of Paper Money," CEPR Discussion Papers 7362, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-François Ponsot, 2009. "How could the Bank of the South promote sustainable development and regional monetary integration in Latin America ?," Post-Print halshs-00402260, HAL.
- Guang-Zhen Sun, 2005. "A Review Of Selected Literature In The Economics Of Division Of Labor From 5th Century To Wwii: Part I," Monash Economics Working Papers 01/05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Eckert & Bernard Monjardet, 2009. "Guilbaud's Theorem: an early contribution to judgment aggregation," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 09047, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Iftekhar Hasan, 2009. "Financial crises and bank failures: a review of prediction methods," Working Paper 0904, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.