Report NEP-HEA-2012-03-28This is the archive for NEP-HEA, a report on new working papers in the area of Health Economics. Yong Yin issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Gani Aldashev & Jean-Marie Baland, 2012. "Awareness and AIDS: A Political Economy Perspective," Working Papers 1204, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Kees Van Gool & Richard Norman & Martin B Delatycki & Jane Hall & John Massie, 2011. "Understanding the costs of care for cystic fibrosis: an analysis by age and severity. CHERE Working Paper 2011/1," Working Papers 2011/1, CHERE, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Patricia Kenny & Denise Doiron & Jane Hall & Deborah J Street & Kathleen Milton-Wildey & Glenda Parmenter, 2012. "The training and job decisions of nurses: the first year of a longitudinal study investigating nurse recruitment and retention. CHERE Working Paper 2012/02," Working Papers 2012/02, CHERE, University of Technology, Sydney.
- José Luis Pinto-Prades & Eva Rodríguez-Míguez, 2011. "The Lead Time Trade-Off: The case of health states better than death," Working Papers 1101, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Meghir, Costas & Palme, Mårten & Simeonova, Emilia, 2012. "Education, Health and Mortality: Evidence from a Social Experiment," Research Papers in Economics 2012:4, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Ljungquist, Urban, 2012. "Management Roles in Innovative Technology Implementation: A Healthcare Perspective," CITR Working Paper Series 2012/02, Center for Innovation and Technology Research, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
- Graf, Julia, 2012. "The effects of rebate contracts on the health care system," DICE Discussion Papers 45, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Julian P. Cristia & William N. Evans & Beomsoo Kim, 2012. "Improving the Health Coverage of the Rural Poor:Does Contracting Out Medical Mobile Teams Work?," Discussion Paper Series 1203, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Seonyeong Cho & Choongki Lee & Beomsoo Kim, 2012. "Does Air Pollution Matter for Low Birth Weight?," Discussion Paper Series 1201, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Beomsoo Kim & Minjee Kim, 2012. "The Mortality of Newborns and Nurse Staffing Levels," Discussion Paper Series 1204, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Wankyo Chung & Beomsoo Kim, 2012. "Money Transfer and Birth Weight: A Causal Link from Alaska," Discussion Paper Series 1202, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Karlsson, Martin & Nilsson, Therese & Pichler, Stefan, 2012. "What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? The Impact of the 1918 Spanish Flu Epidemic on Economic Performance in Sweden," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 57149, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Jonathan T. Kolstad & Amanda E. Kowalski, 2012. "Mandate-Based Health Reform and the Labor Market: Evidence from the Massachusetts Reform," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1855, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume, 2012. "Hospital competition with soft budgets," NIPE Working Papers 04/2012, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Gaynor, Martin & Laudicella, Mauro & Propper, Carol, 2012. "Can governments do it better? Merger mania and hospital outcomes in the English NHS," CEPR Discussion Papers 8802, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carneiro, Pedro & Ginja, Rita, 2012. "Long Term Impacts of Compensatory Preschool on Health and Behavior: Evidence from Head Start," CEPR Discussion Papers 8803, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Strulik, Holger & Werner, Katharina, 2012. "Life Expectancy, Labor Supply, and Long-Run Growth: Reconciling Theory and Evidence," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-497, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Wilensky, Harold L., 2011. "U.S. Health Care and Real Health in Comparative Perspective: Lessons from Abroad," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt1sc57084, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.