Report NEP-FOR-2012-10-13This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Item repec:dgr:uvatin:20120099 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Pierdzioch, Christian & Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Stadtmann, Georg, 2012. "Forecasting metal prices: Do forecasters herd?," Discussion Papers 325, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Pierdzioch, Christian & Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Stadtmann, Georg, 2012. "A note on forecasting emerging market exchange rates: Evidence of anti-herding," Discussion Papers 324, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Monica Billio & Roberto Casarin & Francesco Ravazzolo & Herman K. van Dijk, 2012. "Combining predictive densities using Bayesian filtering with applications to US economic data," Working Papers 2012_16, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Plakandaras, Vasilios & Papadimitriou, Theophilos & Gogas, Periklis, 2012. "Directional forecasting in financial time series using support vector machines: The USD/Euro exchange rate," DUTH Research Papers in Economics 5-2012, Democritus University of Thrace, Department of Economics.
- Luciano I. de Castro & Peter Cramton, 2012. "Prediction Markets to Forecast Electricity Demand," Papers of Peter Cramton 09ccpre, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2012.
- Peter Christoffersen & Bruno Feunou & Kris Jacobs & Nour Meddahi, 2012. "The Economic Value of Realized Volatility: Using High-Frequency Returns for Option Valuation," Working Papers 12-34, Bank of Canada.
- Juan José Echavarría & Mauricio Villamizar, 2012. "Great expectations? Evidence from Colombia’s exchange rate survey," Borradores de Economia 735, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Khalfaoui, R & Boutahar, M, 2012. "Portfolio risk evaluation: An approach based on dynamic conditional correlations models and wavelet multiresolution analysis," MPRA Paper 41624, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hiroshi Sakamoto, 2012. "Future Prediction of the Prefectural Economy in Japan: Using a Stochastic Model," ERSA conference papers ersa12p139, European Regional Science Association.
- Conrad, Christian & Loch, Karin, 2012. "Anticipating Long-Term Stock Market Volatility," Working Papers 0535, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Matteo G. Richiardi, 2012. "Forecasting with Unobserved Heterogeneity," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 123, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Andrle, Michal, 2012. "Understanding DSGE Filters in Forecasting and Policy Analysis," Dynare Working Papers 16, CEPREMAP.
- Federico Pablo-Marti & Juan Luis Santos & Antonio GacÃa-Tabuenca & MarÃa Teresa Gallo & TomÃ¡s Mancha, 2012. "Forecasting and simulation of the impact of public policies on industrial districts using an agent-based model," ERSA conference papers ersa12p553, European Regional Science Association.
- Martin Gonzalez-Rozada & Martin sola & Constantino Hevia & Fabio Spagnolo, 2012. "Estimating and Forecasting the Yield Curve Using a Markov Switching Dynamic Nelson and Siegel Model," Department of Economics Working Papers 2012-07, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.