Report NEP-FOR-2012-02-01This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ippei Fujiwara & Hibiki Ichiue & Yoshiyuki Nakazono & Yosuke Shigemi, 2012. "Financial markets forecasts revisited: are they rational, herding or bold?," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 106, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Travis J. Berge, 2011. "Forecasting disconnected exchange rates," Research Working Paper RWP 11-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Andrea Bastianin & Matteo Manera & Anil Markandya & Elisa Scarpa, 2011. "Oil Price Forecast Evaluation with Flexible Loss Functions," Working Papers 2011.91, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- James Mitchell & Richard J. Smith & Martin R. Weale, 2011. "Efficient Aggregation of Panel Qualitative Survey Data," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/53, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Travis J. Berge & Òscar Jordà, 2011. "A chronology of turning points in economic activity: Spain, 1850-2011," Research Working Paper RWP 11-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Rogers, Todd & Aida, Masa, 2012. "Why Bother Asking? The Limited Value of Self-Reported Vote Intention," Working Paper Series rwp12-001, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Feinberg, Yossi & Lambert, Nicolas S., 2011. "Mostly Calibrated," Research Papers 2090, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Reitz, Stefan & Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Stadtmann, Georg, 2012. "Nonlinear expectations in speculative markets: Evidence from the ECB survey of professional forecasters," Discussion Papers 311, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.