Report NEP-EDU-2017-05-28This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. JoÃ£o Carlos Correia LeitÃ£o issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Simon Burgess & Claire Crawford & Lindsey Macmillan, 2017. "Assessing the role of grammar schools in promoting social mobility," DoQSS Working Papers 17-09, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Goulas, Sofoklis & Megalokonomou, Rigissa, 2016. "Swine Flu and The Effect of Compulsory Class Attendance on Academic Performance," MPRA Paper 75395, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biroli, Pietro & Del Boca, Daniela & Heckman, James & Koh, Yu Kyung & Kuperman, Sylvi & Moktan, Sidhardth & Pettler Heckman, Lynne & Pronzato, Chiara & Ziff, Anna, 2017. "Evaluation of the Reggio Approach to Early Education," CEPR Discussion Papers 12031, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roland, Gï¿½rard & Yang, David, 2017. "China's Lost Generation: Changes in Beliefs and their Intergenerational Transmission," CEPR Discussion Papers 12053, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vinish Shrestha & Rashesh Shrestha, 2017. "Multigenerational Effects of Education Reform: Mother's Education and Children's Human Capital in Nepal," Working Papers 2017-03, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2019.
- Charles Courtemanche & Rusty Tchernis & Xilin Zhou, 2017. "Parental Work Hours and Childhood Obesity: Evidence using Instrumental Variables Related to Sibling School Eligibility," NBER Working Papers 23376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Whelan, Adele & McGuinness, Seamus, 2017. "Does a satisfied student make a satisfied worker?," Papers WP561, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Najichun, Mohamad & Winarso, Widodo, 2017.
"Hubungan Persepsi Siswa Tentang Guru Matematika Dengan Hasil Belajar Matematika Siswa
[The Relationship Between Student Perception Towards Mathematics Teacher with Mathematics Academic Performace]," MPRA Paper 79267, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pastore, Francesco, 2017. "Why So Slow? The School-to-Work Transition in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 10767, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Delpierre, Matthieu & Dupuy, Arnaud & Tenikue, Michel & Verheyden, Bertrand, 2017. "The Education Motive for Migrant Remittances: Theory and Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 10772, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Grönqvist, Hans & Nilsson, J Peter & Robling, Per-Olof, 2017. "Early lead exposure and outcomes in adulthood," Working Paper Series 2017:4, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Maia Brenner, 2017. "Brecha de género en orientaciones de bachillerato. Caso de Uruguay," Documentos de Investigacion Estudiantil (students working papers) 17-01, Instituto de Economia - IECON.
- Elise Wendlassida Miningou & Sampawende J Tapsoba, 2017. "Education Systems and Foreign Direct Investment; Does External Efficiency Matter?," IMF Working Papers 17/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Anna Aizer & Janet Currie, 2017. "Lead and Juvenile Delinquency: New Evidence from Linked Birth, School and Juvenile Detention Records," NBER Working Papers 23392, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik O. Kimbrough & Andrew D. McGee & Hitoshi Shigeoka, 2017. "How Do Peers Impact Learning? An Experimental Investigation of Peer-to-Peer Teaching and Ability Tracking," Discussion Papers dp17-08, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Bornmann, Lutz & Butz, Alexander & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2017. "What are the Top Five Journals in Economics? A New Meta–ranking," MPRA Paper 79176, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shinya Kajitani & Keiichi Morimoto & Shiba Suzuki, 2017. "Relative Performance Information Feedback and Just-Pass Behavior: Evidence from a Field Experiment," Discussion Papers 36, Meisei University, School of Economics.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Delia Furtado, 2017. "Settling for Academia? H-1B Visas and the Career Choices of International Students in the United States," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1705, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Shulgin, Sergey & Scherbov, Sergey & Zinkina, Yulia & Novikov, Kirill, 2017. "Medical-Demographic Differentiation According to Educational Level," Working Papers 041719, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Dang, Thang, 2017. "Education as Protection? The Effect of Schooling on Non-Wage Compensation in a Developing Country," MPRA Paper 79223, University Library of Munich, Germany.