Report NEP-EDU-2010-06-26This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Louis-Philippe Morin, 2010. "Estimating the Benefit of High School for College-Bound Students," Working Papers 1002E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Koning, Pierre & van der Wiel, Karen, 2010. "Ranking the Schools: How Quality Information Affects School Choice in the Netherlands," IZA Discussion Papers 4984, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Meneses, Francisco & Blanco, Christian, 2010. "Financial Aid and Higher Education Enrollment in Chile: A Government Policy Analysis," MPRA Paper 23321, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Metzler, Johannes & Woessmann, Ludger, 2010. "The Impact of Teacher Subject Knowledge on Student Achievement: Evidence from Within-Teacher Within-Student Variation," IZA Discussion Papers 4999, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani, 2009. "Education And Earnings In The Middle East: A Comparative Study Of Returns To Schooling In Egypt, Iran, And Turkey," Working Papers 504, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2009.
- Natacha Raffin, 2010. "Education and the Political Economy of Environmental Protection," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00492178, HAL.
- Rego, Conceição & Caleiro, António, 2010.
"O ‘Mercado’ do Ensino Superior em Portugal: um diagnóstico da situação actual
[The Higher Education 'Market' in Portugal: a diagnosis of current situation]," MPRA Paper 23331, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ozan Bakis & Nurhan Davutyan & Haluk Levent & Sezgin Polat, 2010. "External Returns To Higher Education In Turkey," Working Papers 517, Economic Research Forum, revised Apr 2010.
- Nancy Qian, 2010. "Quantity-Quality and the One Child Policy: The Only-Child Disadvantage in School Enrollment in Rural China," Working Papers id:2558, eSocialSciences.
- Nikos Tzavidis & James J Brown, 2010. "Using M-quantile models as an alternative to random effects to model the contextual value-added of schools in London," DoQSS Working Papers 10-11, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Paul Clarke & Claire Crawford & Fiona Steele & Anna Vignoles, 2010. "The choice between fixed and random effects models: some considerations for educational research," DoQSS Working Papers 10-10, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Crescenzio Gallo & Antonio Damato, 2010. "An e-learning platform for delivering educational contents in a school environment," Quaderni DSEMS 01-2010, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Francesca Foliano & Elena Meschi & Anna Vignoles, 2010. "Why do children become disengaged from school?," DoQSS Working Papers 10-06, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Sean Corcoran & William N. Evans, 2010. "Income Inequality, the Median Voter, and the Support for Public Education," NBER Working Papers 16097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frölich, Markus & Melly, Blaise, 2010. "Quantile Treatment Effects in the Regression Discontinuity Design: Process Results and Gini Coefficient," IZA Discussion Papers 4993, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Edwards, Mónica & Fernández-Diego, Marta & González-Ladrón-de-Guevara, Fernando, 2010. "What do Spanish Engineering Students Think about Innovation and Entrepreneurship?," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201004, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
- Kondylis, Florence & Manacorda, Marco, 2010. "School Proximity and Child Labor: Evidence from Rural Tanzania," CEPR Discussion Papers 7890, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sgroi, Daniel & Proto, Eugenio & Oswald, Andrew J., 2010. "Are Happiness and Productivity Lower among University Students with Newly-Divorced Parents? An Experimental Approach," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 937, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.