Report NEP-EDU-2008-10-28This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Houck, James P., 1990. "The Feudal Society in Today's University," Miscellaneous Publications 8443, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Aydemir, Abdurrahman & Chen, Wen-Hao & Corak, Miles, 2008. "Intergenerational Education Mobility among the Children of Canadian Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 3759, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Helena Skyt Nielsen & Torben Sørensen & Christopher Taber, 2008. "Estimating the Effect of Student Aid on College Enrollment: Evidence from a Government Grant Policy Reform," Economics Working Papers 2008-14, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Chiara Pronzato, 2008. "Why Educated Mothers don’t make Educated Children? A Statistical Study in the Intergenerational Transmission of Schooling," Discussion Papers 563, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Aurora A.C. Teixeira & Todd Davey, 2008. "Attitudes of Higher Education students to new venture creation: a preliminary approach to the Portuguese case," FEP Working Papers 298, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Boudarbat, Brahim & Lemieux, Thomas & Riddell, Craig, 2008. "The Evolution of the Returns to Human Capital in Canada, 1980-2006," Economics working papers craig_riddell-2008-15, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 22 Oct 2008.
- Liu, Donald J. & Walker, J.D. & Bauer, Theresa A. & Zhao, Meng, 2008. "Facilitating Classroom Economics Experiments with an Emerging Technology: The Case of Clickers," Staff Papers 44344, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Sanghoon Ahn & Kyoji Fukao & Keiko Ito, 2008. "The Impact of Outsourcing on the Japanese and South Korean Labor Markets: International Outsourcing of Intermediate Inputs and Assembly in East Asia," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-001, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hiroshi Sato & Li Shi, 2008. "Class Origin, Family Culture, and Intergenerational Correlation of Education in Rural China," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-007, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008. "Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement," NBER Working Papers 14442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Uwaifo Oyelere, Ruth, 2008. "Understanding Low Average Returns to Education in Africa: The Role of Heterogeneity across Education Levels and the Importance of Political and Economic Reforms," IZA Discussion Papers 3766, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Victor Lavy & M. Daniele Paserman & Analia Schlosser, 2008. "Inside the Black of Box of Ability Peer Effects: Evidence from Variation in the Proportion of Low Achievers in the Classroom," NBER Working Papers 14415, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holmlund, Helena & McNally, Sandra & Viarengo, Martina, 2008. "Does Money Matter for Schools?," IZA Discussion Papers 3769, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Klein, Thomas K. & Morse, George W., 2007. "The Role of Business Planning Concepts in Balancing Mission and Financial Sustainability Responsibilities in Extension Programming," Staff Papers 7366, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Irineu E. Carvalho Filho, 2008. "Household Income As a Determinant of Child Labor and School Enrollment in Brazil; Evidence From a Social Security Reform," IMF Working Papers 08/241, International Monetary Fund.