Report NEP-EDU-2008-07-14This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Denzler, Stefan & Wolter, Stefan C., 2008. "Self-Selection into Teaching: The Role of Teacher Education Institutions," IZA Discussion Papers 3505, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Callan, Tim & Smeeding, Timothy M. & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2008. "Short-Run Distributional Effects of Public Education Transfers to Tertiary Education Students in Seven European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 3557, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Shields, Michael P., 2008. "Why Should State Government Invest in College Education? An Equilibrium Approach for the US in 2000," IZA Discussion Papers 3569, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ana I. Moro Egido & Judith Panadés, 2008. "An Analysis of Student Satisfaction: Full-Time versus Part-Time Students," ThE Papers 08/03, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Haegeland, Torbjørn & Raaum, Oddbjørn & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2008. "Pennies from Heaven? Using Exogeneous Tax Variation to Identify Effects of School Resources on Pupil Achievements," IZA Discussion Papers 3561, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Deming & Susan Dynarski, 2008. "The lengthening of childhood," New England Public Policy Center Working Paper 08-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Lagerlöf, Johan N. M. & Seltzer, Andrew J, 2008. "The Effects of Remedial Mathematics on the Learning of Economics: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 6895, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giulio Fella & Giovanni Gallipoli, 2008. "Education and Crime over the Life Cycle," Working Papers 630, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Ofer Malamud & Cristian Pop-Eleches, 2008. "General Education vs. Vocational Training: Evidence from an Economy in Transition," NBER Working Papers 14155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bert Minne & Marc van der Steeg & Dinand Webbink, 2008. "Skill gaps in the EU: role for education and training policies," CPB Document 162, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Bunar, Nihad, 2008. "Urban Schools in Sweden - Between Social Predicaments, the Power of Stigma and Relational Dilemmas," SULCIS Working Papers 2008:3, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Heckman, James J., 2008. "Schools, Skills, and Synapses," IZA Discussion Papers 3515, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sookram, Sandra & Strobl, Eric, 2008. "The Role of Educational Choice in Occupational Gender Segregation: Evidence from Trinidad and Tobago," IZA Discussion Papers 3549, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Item repec:hal:journl:halshs-00293074_v1 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Chen, Keith & Lange, Fabian, 2008. "Education, Information, and Improved Health: Evidence from Breast Cancer Screening," IZA Discussion Papers 3548, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Meier, Stephan & Sprenger, Charles, 2008. "Discounting Financial Literacy: Time Preferences and Participation in Financial Education Programs," IZA Discussion Papers 3507, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).