Report NEP-DEV-2016-07-16This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Michalopoulos, Stelios & Putterman, Louis & Weil, David, 2016. "The Influence of Ancestral Lifeways on Individual Economic Outcomes in Sub-Saharan Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 11366, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bobba, Matteo & Gignoux, Jérémie, 2016. "Neighborhood Effects in Integrated Social Policies," TSE Working Papers 16-662, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Aug 2016.
- Ernesto F. L. Amaral & Bernardo L. Queiroz & Julia A. Calazans, 2015. "Effects of Demographic and Educational Changes on the Labor Markets of Brazil and Mexico," Working Papers 1089, RAND Corporation.
- Kono, Hisaki & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Shonchoy, Abu S., 2016. "DVD-based distance-learning program for university entrance exams -- RCT experiments in rural Bangladesh," IDE Discussion Papers 580, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Amber Peterman & Luisa Natali & UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti, 2016. "Cash Transfers and Gender: A closer look at the Zambian Child Grant Programme," Papers inores848, Innocenti Research Briefs.
- Carolyn Chisadza & Manoel Bittencourt, 2016. "The Fertility Transition: Panel Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 620, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Montenegro, María & Mohapatra, Sandeep & Swallow, Brent, 2016. "Land Rights and Women's Empowerment in Rural Peru: Insights from Item Response Theory," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 239851, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Fadi Hassan & Paolo Lucchino, 2016. "Powering Education," CEP Discussion Papers dp1438, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Koussoubé, Estelle & Nauges, Céline, 2016. "Returns to fertilizer use: does it pay enough? Some new evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," TSE Working Papers 16-669, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Tang, Can & Zhao, Liqiu & Zhao, Zhong, 2016. "Child labour in China," MERIT Working Papers 036, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ignacio Lozano-Espitia & Lina Ma. Ramírez-Villegas, 2016. "How Productive is Rural Infrastructure? Evidence on Some Agricultural Crops in Colombia," Borradores de Economia 948, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Seema Jayachandran & Joost de Laat & Eric F. Lambin & Charlotte Y. Stanton, 2016. "Cash for Carbon: A Randomized Controlled Trial of Payments for Ecosystem Services to Reduce Deforestation," NBER Working Papers 22378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yishen Liu & Yao Pan, 2016. "Less restrictive birth control, less education? Evidence from ethnic minorities in China," WIDER Working Paper Series 077, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Haile, Getinet Astatike, 2016. "Intergenerational Mobility in Income and Economic Status in Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 10047, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Channing Arndt & Vincent Leyaro & Kristi Mahrt & Finn Tarp, 2016. "Multidimensional assessment of child welfare for Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 075, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta C. Nwachukwu, 2016. "Law, Politics and the Quality of Government in Africa," Working Papers 16/019, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Amrita Dhillon & Pramila Krishnan & Manasa Patnam & Carlo Perroni, 2016. "Electoral Accountability and the Natural Resource Curse: Theory and Evidence from India," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1639, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Nicola Branson & Tanya Byker, 2016. "Causes and Consequences of Teen Childbearing: Evidence from a Reproductive Health Intervention in South Africa," SALDRU Working Papers 166, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.