Report NEP-DEV-2006-04-29This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jeong-Joon Lee issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Spolaore, Enrico & Wacziarg, Romain, 2006. "The Diffusion of Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 5630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Galina Hale & Cheryl Long, 2006. "What Determines Technological Spillovers of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from China," Working Papers 934, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Siddhartha G. Dastidar & Raymound Fisman & Tarun Khanna, 2006. "Limits to Policy Reversal: Privatization in India," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-158, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Krishnan, Shagun, 2006. "Reforms, Entry and Productivity: Some Evidence from the Indian Manufacturing Sector," IZA Discussion Papers 2086, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Xiaoqiang Cheng & Hans Degryse, 2006. "The Impact of Bank and Non-Bank Financial Institutions on Local Economic Growth in China," LICOS Discussion Papers 17106, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Kaz Miyagiwa, "undated". "Endogenous Aggregate Elasticity of Substitution," Departmental Working Papers 2006-06, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Sudipta Sarangi & Gautam Hararika, "undated". "Household Access to Microcredit and Child Work in Rural Malawi," Departmental Working Papers 2006-08, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Peter K. Schott, 2006. "The Relative Sophistication of Chinese Exports," NBER Working Papers 12173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tetsuji Okazaki, 2006. "Selection or Imitation? : Organizational Evolution in the Japanese Cotton Industry, 1905-1935:," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-416, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Busse, Matthias & Groizard, Jose Luis, 2006. "Foreign direct investment, regulations, and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3882, The World Bank.
- Do, Quy-Toan & Levchenko, Andrei A., 2006. "Comparative advantage, demand for external finance, and financial development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3889, The World Bank.
- Shi, Anqing, 2006. "Migration in towns in China, a tale of three provinces : evidence from preliminary tabulations of 2000 census," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3890, The World Bank.
- Casacuberta, Carlos & Gandelman, Nestor, 2006. "Protection, openness, and factor adjustment : evidence from the manufacturing sector in Uruguay," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3891, The World Bank.
- Barbone, Luca & Sharkey, Katrina, 2006. "Strengthening governance through engaged societies : lessons from the implementation of poverty reduction strategies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3898, The World Bank.
- Bagai, Shweta & Wilson, John S., 2006. "The data chase : what's out there on trade costs and nontariff barriers ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3899, The World Bank.
- Anderson, Kym & Valenzuela, Ernesto, 2006. "Do global trade distortions still harm developing country farmers ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3901, The World Bank.
- Allcott, Hunt & Lederman, Daniel & Lopez, Ramon, 2006. "Political institutions, inequality, and agricultural growth : the public expenditure connection," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3902, The World Bank.
- Acosta, Pablo, 2006. "Labor supply, school attendance, and remittances from international migration : the case of El Salvador," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3903, The World Bank.