Report NEP-CMP-1999-10-04This is the archive for NEP-CMP, a report on new working papers in the area of Computational Economics. Stan Miles issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Jim Warnick, 1999. "I Can't Think With All This Noise: Inferring Strategies Using Symbolic Regression," Working Papers 99-08-057, Santa Fe Institute.
- Bennett Levitan & Jose Lobo & Stuart Kauffman & Richard Schuler, 1999. "Optimal Organization Size in a Stochastic Environment with Externalities," Working Papers 99-04-024, Santa Fe Institute.
- Ravi Bhavanani & David Backer, 1999. "Localized Ethnic Conflict and Genocide: Accounting for Differences in Rwanda and Burundi," Working Papers 99-07-053, Santa Fe Institute.
- Justin Werfel & Melanie Mitchell & James P. Crutchfield, 1999. "Resource Sharing and Coevolution in Evolving Cellular Automata," Working Papers 99-07-045, Santa Fe Institute.
- J. Doyne Farmer & Andrew W. Lo, 1999. "Frontiers of Finance: Evolution and Efficient Markets," Working Papers 99-06-039, Santa Fe Institute.
- J. Geanakoplos & I. Karatzas & M. Shubik & W. Sudderth, 1999. "A Strategic Market Game with Active Bankruptcy," Working Papers 99-04-025, Santa Fe Institute.
- William E. Walsh & Michael P. Wellman, 1999. "Efficiency and Equilibrium in Task Allocation Economics with Hierarchical Dependencies," Working Papers 99-07-049, Santa Fe Institute.
- Sylvie Geisendorf, 1999. "Genetic Algorithms in Resource Economic Models," Working Papers 99-08-058, Santa Fe Institute.
- Robert N. Bernard, 1999. "Using Adaptive Agent-Based Simulation Models to Assist Planners in Policy Development: The Case of Rent Control," Working Papers 99-07-052, Santa Fe Institute.
- Shareen Joshi & Jeffrey Parker & Mark A. Bedau, 1999. "Financial Markets Can Be at Sub-Optimal Equilibria," Working Papers 99-03-023, Santa Fe Institute.
- Susan Lee, 1999. "Assortative Interactions and Endogenous Stratification," Working Papers 99-08-056, Santa Fe Institute.
- Robert Axtell, 1999. "The Emergence of Firms in a Population of Agents," Working Papers 99-03-019, Santa Fe Institute.
- Cosma Rohilla Shalizi & James P. Crutchfield, 1999. "Computational Mechanics: Pattern and Prediction, Structure and Simplicity," Working Papers 99-07-044, Santa Fe Institute.
- Jose Lobo & William G. Macready, 1999. "Landscapes: A Natural Extension of Search Theory," Working Papers 99-05-037, Santa Fe Institute.
- Dawn C. Parker, 1999. "Landscape Outcomes in a Model of Edge Effect Externalities: A Computational Economics Approach," Working Papers 99-07-051, Santa Fe Institute.