Report NEP-CBE-2011-10-01This is the archive for NEP-CBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Cognitive & Behavioural Economics. Marco Novarese issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Yusaku Horiuchi & Tadashi Komatsu & Fumio Nakaya, 2011. "Should Candidates Smile to Win Elections? An Application of Automated Face Recognition Technology," Crawford School Research Papers 1102, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Gerald Eisenkopf & Zohal Hessami & Urs Fischbacher & Heinrich Ursprung, 2011. "Academic Performance and Single-Sex Schooling: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Switzerland," TWI Research Paper Series 69, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universitï¿½t Konstanz.
- Noemi Pace & John D Hey, 2011. "The Explanatory and Predictive Power of Non Two-Stage-Probability Theories of Decision Making Under Ambiguity," Working Papers 2011_12, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Chetan Dave & Stefan Dodds & Sheryl Ball & Rachel Croson, 2011. "Experimental Social Choice: The Impact of Nosy Preferences on Efficiency," Working Papers e07-30, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Kuhn, Peter J. & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2011. "Do Women Prefer a Co-operative Work Environment?," IZA Discussion Papers 5999, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dessi, Roberta & Rustichini, Aldo, 2011. "Work for Image and Work for Pay," IDEI Working Papers 683, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Dreber, Anna & Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus & Rand, David, 2011. "Do People Care about Social Context? Framing Effects in Dictator Games," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 738, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Ho, Shu-Hsun & Putthiwanit, Chutinon & Lin, Chia-Yin, 2011. "May I continue or should I stop? the effects of regulatory focus and message framings on video game players’ self-control," MPRA Paper 33544, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andersson, Ola & Wengström, Erik, 2011. "Credible Communication and Cooperation: Experimental Evidence from Multi-stage Games," Working Paper Series 883, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Carpena, Fenella & Cole, Shawn & Shapiro, Jeremy & Zia, Bilal, 2011. "Unpacking the causal chain of financial literacy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5798, The World Bank.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Mustard, David B. & Van Parys, Jessica, 2011. "Non-cognitive Skills and the Gender Disparities in Test Scores and Teacher Assessments: Evidence from Primary School," IZA Discussion Papers 5973, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joaquín Gómez Miñambres, 2011. "Make it challenging : motivation through goal setting," Economics Working Papers we1123, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Pablo Brañas-Garza & Teresa García-Muño & Roberto Hernán, 2011. "Cognitive effort in the Beauty Contest Game," Working Papers 11-08, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Müller, Julia & Schwieren, Christiane, 2011. "More than Meets the Eye: an Eye-tracking Experiment on the Beauty Contest Game," Working Papers 0516, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.