Report NEP-BEC-2011-08-09This is the archive for NEP-BEC, a report on new working papers in the area of Business Economics. Christian Calmes issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Zur Shapira & Gary Dushnitsky, 2011. "Entrepreneurial Finance Meets Organizational Reality: Comparing Investment Practices And Performance Of Corporate And Independent Venture Capitalists," Discussion Paper Series dp589, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Oscar Pavlov & Mark Weder, 2011. "Countercyclical Markups and News-Driven Business Cycles," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-28, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Güth, Werner & Pull, Kerstin & Stadler, Manfred, 2011. "Intrafirm conflicts and interfirm competition," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 14, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Rispoli, Luke & Leung, Danny & Baldwin, John R., 2011. "Labour Productivity of Unincorporated Sole Proprietorships and Partnerships: Impact on the Canada-United States Productivity Gap," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2011071e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Patrick Hürtgen, 2011. "Consumer Misperceptions, Uncertain Fundamentals, and the Business Cycle," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse10_2011, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Hirsch, Boris & Schnabel, Claus, 2011. "Let's Take Bargaining Models Seriously: The Decline in Union Power in Germany, 1992-2009," IZA Discussion Papers 5875, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mitraille, Sébastien & Moreaux, Michel, 2011. "Inventories and Endogenous Stackelberg Leadership in Two-period Cournot Oligopoly," IDEI Working Papers 681, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Berka, Martin & Devereux, Michael B. & Rudolph, Thomas, 2011. "Price setting in a leading Swiss online supermarket," Working Paper Series 1685, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Parsons, Donald O., 2011. "Severance Pay Mandates: Firing Costs, Hiring Costs, and Firm Avoidance Behaviors," IZA Discussion Papers 5876, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Jon Jungbien Moon, 2011. "Corporate Social Responsibility for Irresponsibility," NBER Working Papers 17254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pravin Krishna & Jennifer P. Poole & Mine Zeynep Senses, 2011. "Wage Effects of Trade Reform with Endogenous Worker Mobility," NBER Working Papers 17256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angels Pelegrín & Catalina Bolancé, 2011. "Offshoring and company characteristics: some evidence from the analysis of Spanish firm data," Working Papers 2011/16, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Bah, El-hadj M. & Fang, Lei, 2011. "Impact of the business environment on output and productivity in Africa," MPRA Paper 32517, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2011. "Imports and the structure of retail markets," Economics Working Papers 2011,05, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Kyoji Fukao & Toshihiro Okubo, 2011. "Why Has the Border Effect in the Japanese Machinery Sectors Declined? The Role of Business Networks in East Asian Machinery Trade," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-197, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Celik, Gorkem & Peters, Michael, 2011. "Reciprocal Relationships and Mechanism Design," Microeconomics.ca working papers gorkem_celik-2011-19, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 01 Aug 2011.
- Russell Thomson & Elizabeth Webster, 2011. "External Ventures: Why Firms Don't Develop All Their Inventions In-house," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2011n19, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Frosch, Katharina & Göbel, Christian & Zwick, Thomas, 2011.
"Separating wheat and chaff: age-specific staffing strategies and innovative performance at the firm level
[Den Weizen von der Spreu trennen: Altersbezogene Personalpolitik und Innovationen auf der ," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-047, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Rhodes, Andrew, 2011. "Multiproduct pricing and the Diamond Paradox," MPRA Paper 32511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hussinger, Katrin & Wastyn, Annelies, 2011. "In search for the not-invented-here syndrome: The role of knowledge sources and firm success," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-048, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.